PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 3 Engine throttle gauge

OBIO
May 4th, 2009, 19:03
Working on the Yamamoto C-119 Jet Pack variant. Have a flight dynamics package tweaked (based on the files by Brian Gladden and Herb ?) that I feel pretty well reflects the performance of the Jet Pack Boxcar (top speed of 300 knots...roughly 50 knots faster than the stock Boxcar). I have a revised panel I am working on for the plane and need a nice freeware 3 engine throttle quadrant...one with throttle, prop pitch and mixture. Anyone know of such a thing?

OBIO

Brian_Gladden
May 4th, 2009, 19:20
Ford Trimotor Default??

OBIO
May 4th, 2009, 19:44
The default Tri-Motor only has throttle...no mixture or prop pitch controls. I am using the Alpha Sim 4 engine throttle quadrant for now...it works, allows control of the three engines...just have an extra set of sticks poking out.

OBIO

Brian_Gladden
May 5th, 2009, 05:04
Just had a thought.... Since the Jet's were an addon. and usually only used for takeoff or heavy loads, I think the throttle for the jet was mounted somewhere else. Similarly, I know you can't make mixed power plants but the "fake" piston you have masquerading as a jet could be set up to behave somewhat like a jet.

Fixed prop pitch, high MOI on the prop (Slow spool up) etc...

Just my thoughts.

dogknot
May 5th, 2009, 07:31
Look in the fsfsconv folder which has some panel configs provided by FS. I know the folder "panel.recip.rg.3" has a generic 3 engine gauge with throttle, mixture, and prop controls.

It would be a simple project to add a background for the levers to be placed on.

The gauge is called:

gaugeXX=Generic.Controls.3

=====
Here's a real quick and dirty example:

Window05=Throttle Panel

[Window05]
Background_color=8,8,8 //<<--change background color here
size_mm=178,148
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=THROTTLE_PANEL
//window_size= x.xxx, y.yyy
//window_pos= x.xxx, y.yyy

gauge00=Generic.Controls.3, 1,1,176,125

=========

edmoore235
May 6th, 2009, 08:55
Obio, thanks for asking the question - had the same deal on a mix prop/jet WW2 German aircraft.

Dogknot, thank you - neat solution. Never knew about the GENERIC and it was always here! All controls work. Again, thank you Both.