PDA

View Full Version : brakes

papabravo
May 4th, 2009, 15:09
I've today installed IL-2 etc. Everything seems to be operating properly except that I cannot find how to release the aircraft for it's take off run- I've been using a Seafire for a carrier takeoff. Engine starts, throttle opens to full revs but using B for brakes release does nothing. The aircraft remains at full revs but will not move.
I've a Thrustmaster stick and Pro Pedals - the latter do not seem to be working although they appear OK in the controls panel.
Any thoughts anyone?

Kofschip
May 4th, 2009, 16:46
You have to remove the chocks. I forgot which command it is, I don't have IL-2 1946 installed right now. Go though all the commands in the program to find it...... :bump: Something in my mind tells me that it has something to do with the auto pilot commands.

redriver6
May 4th, 2009, 19:43
you may have to assign a key to 'toggle chocks' in the control panel...i think mine is 'ctrl c'

papabravo
May 5th, 2009, 14:24
Thanks both. Chocks was the answer. I didn't see any in the external view and, being used to the MS sims, never thought of that. A key has to be assigned before chocks can be released [which seems the wrong way round to me ]