PDA

View Full Version : Product activation

dhazelgrove
May 4th, 2009, 13:29
My copy of FSX has suddenly started complaining that there's a problem in the above area.
Anyone know of a fix?

Dave

harleyman
May 4th, 2009, 13:56
It won't run? Or it just tells you it needs activation?

Might try and activate it again ...

THibben
May 4th, 2009, 16:51
If you have Vista, make sure your "User Account Control" is turned off. Then re-activate. I just went through the same thing a couple of days ago.

Tom

dhazelgrove
May 5th, 2009, 04:29
If you have Vista, make sure your "User Account Control" is turned off. Then re-activate. I just went through the same thing a couple of days ago.

Tom

Sounds daft, but I can't find the activation path. Must be going blind.....

Dave

THibben
May 5th, 2009, 04:56
Start/Control panel/ User accounts/user accounts

Should be at bottom of the list. Click on it and you get the option for on/off.

Tom

dhazelgrove
May 5th, 2009, 11:37
Start/Control panel/ User accounts/user accounts

Should be at bottom of the list. Click on it and you get the option for on/off.

Tom

Sorry. I meant the FSX activation path.

Dave

THibben
May 5th, 2009, 19:01
As soon as I tried to start FSX the activation page came up. It then gave you choices as to how you wanted to activate. On line or by phone.

What is the indication you are getting that you are not activated?

You could always try installing the FSX or Acceleration instl disk and doing a repair.

Tom

dhazelgrove
May 5th, 2009, 22:30
I get:

"An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling the application may resolve the problem. Otherwise, please contact product support for assistance."

Dave

strykerpsg
March 17th, 2010, 09:12
I get:

"An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling the application may resolve the problem. Otherwise, please contact product support for assistance."

Dave
Dave,

Did you ever figure this one out? I am re-installing FSX now and cannot register on the Microsoft server via the online activation. I get the same exact message you have above. I selected the telephone activation and get an error message. I have un-installed twice now, in hopes the re-install might fix the issue. Anyway, solutions, anyone? Thanks.

Matt

harleyman
March 17th, 2010, 15:47
Clear the regestry out after uninstalling, and the same for the Roaming folder for FSX and anything else you can find that says FSX..Its being help somewhere it seems......

strykerpsg
March 17th, 2010, 16:09
Thanks Harleyman. Got it up and running, now just have to install the mesh, UTX, GEX, REX and FTX. I think I'm gonna hold off on installing all of my planes though. Perhaps this weekend will hit you up for the OC guide.

Matt

harleyman
March 17th, 2010, 16:16
Thanks Harleyman. Got it up and running, now just have to install the mesh, UTX, GEX, REX and FTX. I think I'm gonna hold off on installing all of my planes though. Perhaps this weekend will hit you up for the OC guide.

Matt

What did you do to get it to finally go thru???

Just scream whan you want that guide...All I need is your E mail or skype...

strykerpsg
March 17th, 2010, 17:44
I finally called Microsoft. It was the registry issue, so they cleaned it out for me. I had an extra line that needed deletion. Now, the dreaded re-install of all the three letter acronyms...............must be a labor of love.

I'll PM you my email. Thanks again.

Matt

Mickey D
March 18th, 2010, 15:33
Anyone having this problem should run this Microsoft program Windows Installer Clean Up. It cleans out the debris left behind by other so called registry cleaners. Just do a Google for it. It worked for me and Calypsos.

Hurricane91
November 6th, 2010, 18:01
I receive this pop-up when starting FSX Gold edition with SP2;

"Product Activation Error
we're sorry, an unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.
Error Code: 8-c0000006.
More information is available ... Do you want to view this information?
Yes/No."

If I click "No" the sim will start and run for about 20 min. then it stops and tells me to register. Then the screen goes black.

The install is nearly two years old. Recently the FSX folder disappeared from the Microsoft Games folder. After a long search, I found it in an adjacent and unrelated folder apparently intact. I am not sure how the FSX folder got there, but I was setting up a mesh install for FS9 and was doing a lot of cut and paste. My mouse sometimes hangs up on clicking and I may have snagged FSX accidently. I moved FSX back to the MS Games folder and set up a new .exe short cut.

I searched around for the error on the internet and tried a few things but no success.

Is there anything I can do short of uninstall/re-install?