PDA

View Full Version : LSO question.

Seanmick
May 4th, 2009, 11:41
Hi All,

I have been away from CFS2 for some time now and would like to make a start again.

I have a fairly basic question, is it possible to disable the LSO window while making a carrier landing, ideally doing it globally by adding a statement to a .cfg file somewhere? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it I'm afraid. In the original manual it states that shift+L (CFS2 commands) will display the LSO. I am using FS commands and I do not know the corresponding command with the FS setup.

Also, if one wishes to change flight dynamic characteristics of an aircraft, is it as simple as swopping the .air files or are other changes necessary as well? I have an air file and the wheel brakes tend to flip the plane too easily on roll out, how can I best address this problem.

Many thanks for any help

Regards.

Cody Coyote
May 4th, 2009, 14:38
The LSO is actually a gauge. If you want to remove it for every carrier landing you make, simple open your GAUGES folder and look for the gauge lso.gau. You can delete it, but it would probably be smarter to move it to another folder or rename it in case you ever want to reactivate it.

bobhegf
May 4th, 2009, 14:43
I thought about doing that but I just made it smaller by dragging in the sides.It would be nice if we could make it part of the ship insted.

Seanmick
May 7th, 2009, 13:06
Problem solved, many thanks for your suggestions.