PDA

View Full Version : I survived a MB change

CG_1976
May 3rd, 2009, 19:04
I survived my 1st ever mother board replacment install and CPU, PSU. Did the whole thing and it even picked up my ops system and reactivated my FSX. I can run full bore Solid 35-45 fps. Its a thrilling new FSX experiance for me that no words can describe. thank you to All of the SOH Techies and simmers who gave adive to others as I watched and learned. Its because of SOH that I had the confidence to do this and the learning and it was well worth it. Thank you Both Fs9 and FSX forums and Ickie/staff for keeping this place alive and being there when something goes crazy.:icon29:

harleyman
May 4th, 2009, 02:51
Very Cool...Glad to hear of your success and how well FSX is running now..

It really is a rather easy thing to do....

txnetcop
May 6th, 2009, 06:01
Congrats Trans! I have found all the new Phenom IIs perform very well with FSX expecially the AM2 Phenom II x4 940 AM3 945 and 955 Black Edition. While not a contest for the i7 Core yet, they certainly do very well against the Q9550. I think as BIOS mature for the 790 AM3 boards we can expect to see them compete well against the Q9650. Glad to see AMD back in the running. It makes Intel all that more competitive.
Ted

CG_1976
May 6th, 2009, 07:07
that AMD AM3 Phenom is sizzling and quiet and cool running FSX. I just wish i could get my black edition AMD 7750 duel in my beta testing computer to Cool down. It runs hot with the heatsink it came with. Current avg temp is 43c and 33c on the mother board.