PDA

View Full Version : Porting?

tracyq144
May 3rd, 2009, 15:08
I am afraid to even ask this question, it is probably so "newbie", but I read on the forums of "porting" FS9 aircraft to FSX?

FYI, I am one of those who just fires up FS and goes flying VFR, and I spend about 50% of that time in external views. :kilroy: So, not very "hardcore", but I love FS all the same. I had FS98, FS9, and now FSX. Love, and appreciate very much, the addons out there, both freeware and payware, but if they don't end with ".exe", I usually forgoe them because I just don't have the knowledge base to proceed. *sigh*

Although there many, many excellent aircraft out there, I think that my personal all-time favorite is R. Sanderson's st75.zip, the 20 year lifespan of a Stearman 75. I had it in FS9, and would dearly love to have it in FSX.

It's available here at Sim-Outhouse (thanks, guys), but does anyone know how it will work, if at all, in FSX? And what added steps would be needed to make it work, if any?

Thanks in advance, should anyone have any insight.

Roger
May 3rd, 2009, 15:21
It works pretty well although frame rates aren't brilliant. The prop alpha needs darkening but that's easy enough to do.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/bst-1.jpg