PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Joystick question

marklaur
May 2nd, 2009, 19:28
Hi,
I just purchased two Thrustmaster joysticks in a closing down sale. They were demo stock so no drivers boxes etc.

One is a thrustmaster Top Gun After Burner Force Feedback and the other a plain thrustmaster Force Feedback.

When I plug either of these into a USB port, powered or non powered they do not register at all. CH controllers or Saitek controllers work in the tried ports.

Both sticks have two leads a USB lead and another very short lead with a round connector. So I am not sure if anything is missing, some sort of power adaptor or something.

I only paid AU$20.00 for them both so I am not out of pocket if they are no good. But since I do not own any Force Feedback sticks it would be nice to get them working.

Does anyone here use Thrustmaster Joysticks and have any ideas why they may not show up when plugged in?

Cheers MarkL

oakfloor
May 2nd, 2009, 20:22
Try downloading the software driver from there website.

marklaur
May 2nd, 2009, 20:33
I downoladed and installed the driver. When I got to the section where it asaked me to plug in the joystick nothing happened as the PC can not see the joystick.

Cheers MarkL

Tom Clayton
May 2nd, 2009, 21:12
ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/Manuals/Afterburner%20Force%20Feedback%20PC.pdf

It's definitely a power connection. I'd contact the company to see if they can't ship you one. Unfortunately, they don't have a direct contact in Australia, but maybe one if the internation phone #'s will help.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php

marklaur
May 2nd, 2009, 23:01
Thanks Tom,
Now know what I am missing. The site I found that I downloaded the drivers from looked to be a Thrustermaster site but did not have all the information that the site your link pointed to has.

I once saw that New Zealand had a sales rep for Thrustmaster. I spoke wit hhim at a Flight Sim Expo in Sydney a few years ago. I will check if PC Aviator in Australia knows of him.

Otherwise I will try to get one from the USA. I checked out both phamflets and both use the same power supply so one should do for both. But I will go back to the shop and see if they can find the missing bits as they are open for another two weeks yet.

Cheers MarkL

harleyman
May 3rd, 2009, 01:48
Not sure if you saw this or not...

Australia 1902 262 514 $1.98/min, Monday to Friday from 9AM to 6PM