PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

EMatheson
May 2nd, 2009, 15:25
I can't take screenshots in FS any more!
Whatever I do, I just get a plain black image when I try to take a screenshot in sim...
This includes the manual method and simple programs like FSScreen...
all the more complex programs I have tried have crashed on first attempt to screengrab...

Couldn't come at a worse time, really - I just finished a rather fetching blue-and-cream scheme for the Grizzly....

harleyman
May 2nd, 2009, 19:20
Hmmm...Thats real odd...never heard of it happening before..

It almost sounds like a corruption of something..Like vid drivers (doubtful ) or regestry..... Not real sure on this at all...

EMatheson
May 2nd, 2009, 19:34
note - only limited to FS9... works fine in all other programs...

FengZ
May 2nd, 2009, 19:58
have you tried a restart? sometimes the video driver does weird stuff...

also, is it the same in full-screen and windowed mode?

-feng

Lionheart
May 2nd, 2009, 23:31
Feng is on it. Try a diff Screen mode, like full screen or windows mode screen.

This happened to me for perhaps a week. Could have been a new graphics driver, cant remember. But it worked later.

Bill

Buddha13
May 3rd, 2009, 02:31
Hi all,
This happened to me a while back.Tried several programs with the same result.Only fixed it when I had to do a reformat for another reason.Happened with both FS9 and FSX.

Buddha13

Desert Rat
May 3rd, 2009, 02:40
Have you installed that new 'Russian Bloom' effect?

I ask because it comes with a screen grab built in, maybe if your using another proggy with this running it's grabbing twice and causing troubles/conflicts? Just thinking out loud. I had no trouble with MGrab, worked fine and didn't realise til latter that was getting two of every screenie. Other proggies might be different?

Jamie

srgalahad
May 3rd, 2009, 09:32
I've had the same issue with FS9 running under Vista (shush! I happen to have good results with V) running dual monitors.
Found a screenshot prog. that works -with all the right options for saving - but... it won't capture in full-screen mode -I just get a screenshot of a full black screen. Works fine in Windowed mode and will even allow a "current window only" choice.
Tried various settings and no luck yet.

Rob