PDA

View Full Version : Question about map in MB

smg13
May 2nd, 2009, 09:19
Hello everybody, i have a question about the map in the mission builder. How can you make it into a better, higher resouliton one? It is very hard to place anything with precision with the one in the MB right now... when you zoom in it is juts big pixels, and you have to go back and forth with the MB and the game moving things to make them be wherever they need to be...

Is there an enhanced high resolution map somewhere to add to the MB?

grizzly50
May 2nd, 2009, 11:33
Hello everybody, i have a question about the map in the mission builder. How can you make it into a better, higher resouliton one? It is very hard to place anything with precision with the one in the MB right now... when you zoom in it is juts big pixels, and you have to go back and forth with the MB and the game moving things to make them be wherever they need to be...

Is there an enhanced high resolution map somewhere to add to the MB?

:kilroy:Smg13, try this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=7460

or maybe this:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=2741

Always remember RULE #1 for Add-ons and Mods: "Always backup anything you to intend to replace or otherwise alter in any way." This will save save a lot of headaches later on.:d

smg13
May 2nd, 2009, 14:02
Thank you very much, I am going to try them out... I think these are what I was looking for.

smg13
May 2nd, 2009, 14:09
Well... I checked them out, and they are nice, but they still don't zoom in enought. I was hoping for somethign similar to the MB in CFS2 where you can see the actual instalations and planes and vehicles in the ground and postion them with precision. How are mission builders doing these kind of things in CFS3? For example... if you want to place four flak towers in the perimeter of an airfield, how do you do it without having to jump back and forth between MB and game to make sure they are in the right place; becuase the zoom level in the MB doesn't allow to set them up with precision.

Or what about a wharf or dock... the actual coastline is not even close to the one inthe MB map... so, what is the solution to this? Maybe making a new map with google earth?

middle
May 2nd, 2009, 14:56
If you can make a new map that works, be my guest...meanwhile, it's a matter of trial and error when it comes to placement of stuff in the MB. I agree that the cfs2 map is superior but we can't do much about that....mid