PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War

djscoo
October 14th, 2008, 14:53
Anyone else excited about this? ...I just got my beta key today!

MudMarine
October 14th, 2008, 15:07
I am!! Finally some Marines in the PTO action!!

djscoo
October 14th, 2008, 15:19
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

EgoR64
October 14th, 2008, 15:27
:jump::jump:

Oh Yea, I'm stoked about this release as well !! Great Pics !!:applause::ernae:

S
October 14th, 2008, 15:47
Looking forward to it. Some seem to be exhausted with the WWII team but I doubt that'll ever happen to me as long as they keep including new things.

Though CoD4 was a nice bit if fresh air!:ernae:

MCDesigns
October 14th, 2008, 15:48
Looks sweet, need to check it out as well!:ernae:

djscoo
October 14th, 2008, 16:51
I just finished playing a few rounds of the Beta. If you guys have played COD4, then this game comes naturally. All the same controls a lot of the same "perks". I like the tanks...but I sure am gonna miss my red dot and acog scopes!:d Infinity Ward got the multiplayer right in COD4, so I don't blame Treyarch for not fixing what ain't broke.

txnetcop
October 14th, 2008, 18:14
I will be playing it...uh excuse me-living it! Thanks for the pics
Ted

Butcherbird17
October 14th, 2008, 18:52
Really looking forward to this one. Being that I play alot of cod4 online it will be nice to get away from the modern stuff and getting back to ww2. :applause:

Joe

Lionheart
October 14th, 2008, 19:39
Looks awesome.... I can hardly wait.

I saw the preview movie on it. Incredible.

:applause:

Bill

stiz
October 14th, 2008, 22:02
waiting for far cry 2 personal!!! :jump: :jump:

deathfromafar
October 14th, 2008, 22:09
Well, I have had COD 1-w/United Offensive, COD 2, and COD 4-Modern Warfare. Had the most fun with the first one with United Offensive installed. COD 2 got overrun with hackers fairly quickly in multi player. COD 4 was fantastic until the same happened to it. What I didn't like was that the single player missions were very canned and short overall. Also, you had to go though a stupid rank/point system to unlock weapons and attachments. But in the end I deleted it due to the multi-hackers ruining the online play.

I may get this new one or may not. Will see what people say about it first. The only combat sim I use nowadays is Red Orchestra for it's WW2 Armor battles. I was in a server the other night with a Tiger 1 picking off T-34's and JS-2's left and right with the 88mm! We must have had 2 dozen tanks blasting at each other. Two large maps that are fantastic in RO are Arad and Alte Ziegelei. In the Alta Ziegelei map I ended up with the nickname: "Tiger Terror or Grantlerhof". Man, those main guns sound scary as hell!

Francois
October 14th, 2008, 22:49
Wish I was in the Beta team too.... although, honestly, I wouldn't have time. Looking forward to it, hoping it will have MORE single player missions than COD4. I'm not an MP guy. Just got BIA Hell's Highway and will be busy with that until COD5 :d

simkid22
October 14th, 2008, 23:18
I am!! Finally some Marines in the PTO action!!
What about Medal of Honor Pacific Assault?!? Nothing but Marines:isadizzy:

stiz
October 15th, 2008, 03:00
hoping it will have MORE single player missions than COD4

I highly doubt it. gone are the days where game makers put the effort in to do a long campaign ala Medal Of Honour Allied Assault!

Ferry_vO
October 15th, 2008, 03:43
Can't wait! At least I have Brothers in arms: Hell's highway to keep me busy for now!

:d

Francois
October 15th, 2008, 04:49
I highly doubt it. gone are the days where game makers put the effort in to do a long campaign ala Medal Of Honour Allied Assault!

Maybe, but so far it looks goooooood !!!! Just finished the first few missions :wiggle:

simkid22
October 15th, 2008, 11:24
The thing you have to remember is Infinity ward wanted the game to be focused on story line and thus short missions so the game didn't get long and boring filled with tedious killing and objectives. The current trend is more movie like (the main reason I play single player is for the story line).