PDA

View Full Version : Twittering for FS

spotlope
May 1st, 2009, 16:42
Just a heads-up; I've been bitten by the Twitter bug this past week, thanks to a cool little app (Tweetie) for my iPod Touch. If you're on Twitter, come on over and follow me -- @bwomack -- I'll try to make it worth your while.

Not familiar with Twitter (http://www.twitter.com)? It's basically like blogging, but using only 140 characters at a time. I try to tweet several times a day just to keep things interesting. I'm also looking for other FS fans to follow, so if you're tweeting let me know!

:mixedsmi:

PutPut
May 1st, 2009, 17:09
Egad!! The guy with the sign that says, "The end is near" is wrong. The End is now!:guinness::guinness::monkies:

Paul

jetstreamsky
May 1st, 2009, 17:10
Now Followed, just getting my head round this new fangled Twitter thing myself.

PutPut
May 1st, 2009, 17:17
Egad!! The guy with the sign that says, "The end is near" is wrong. The End is now!:guinness::guinness::monkies:

Paul

Note: Five minutes after I wrote this we had a minor earthquake here in Long Beach! Head for the Hills!

Paul

PS, I have nothing against all the new technologies, but I truly believe all the shortcuts used with texting , Twittering, etc.,will lead to the death of the written language. So Sad!

Henry
May 1st, 2009, 17:53
PS, I have nothing against all the new technologies, but I truly believe all the shortcuts used with texting , Twittering, etc.,will lead to the death of the written language. So Sad!
but no one can read my writing anyway
dont disagree though
H

spotlope
May 1st, 2009, 17:55
I hear you, Paul. This is one I'm torn on -- I like the new technologies, especially social media, but I'm also a language nut. I guess I'd rather say less and get it right than cram a whole fistful of thoughts into a text-speak jumble.

simkid22
May 1st, 2009, 21:08
Mine would be rather boring: "Taking off...and...crashing"

Francois
May 1st, 2009, 22:49
I'm on Twitter too, and on Facebook in several places even... but I keep forgetting 'updating' it and also, frankly, fail to see the benefit of doing so..... currently I have to put all my 'news' already in 10 or so different places on the Internet and it costs me more time than anything else.

Vying for the customer's attention is getting to be a very expensive and time-consuming activity these days !!!

harleyman
May 2nd, 2009, 01:04
Personally I do not understand this Twitter......

I hate phones for the most part...

I do not carry a cell phone nor do I have one or want one..So i don't text anyone nor am I important enough to feel the need to do so....:eek:

Can someone explain Twitter better to me ?

PutPut
May 2nd, 2009, 08:04
Personally I do not understand this Twitter......

I hate phones for the most part...

I do not carry a cell phone nor do I have one or want one..So i don't text anyone nor am I important enough to feel the need to do so....:eek:

Can someone explain Twitter better to me ?

IMHO, it is just another marketing plan to get you to burn more minutes! :isadizzy:

Paul

n4gix
May 2nd, 2009, 08:11
I'm on Twitter too, and on Facebook in several places even... but I keep forgetting 'updating' it and also...

Although I'm on Facebook as well, I simply don't bother to "go there" very often, and most certainly don't live there as some seem to do.

As for the new "Twitter like" feature of Facebook (as well as Twitter itself), I just don't see a burning need to know instantly that some individual just burped, farted or is out walking their dog... :pop4:

spotlope
May 2nd, 2009, 09:11
I think it's funny that forums denizens would be so down on Twitter. ;) You know of course that the rest of the world thinks we're all sad, pathetic losers for spending our time yakking about flying fake planes in a "game", right?

I took up twittering (tweeting?) for two reasons; first, I was feeling bad about not blogging often enough due to real-life getting in the way and all. Twitter's got a built-in control that makes that a moot point - 140 characters max. If I don't have time to write a couple sentences, I'm in bad shape indeed.

Second, I got this nifty iPod Touch a few weeks ago, and found a nifty Twitter app for it called Tweetie. In the time it takes my PC to go through its boot gyrations, I can read and write some tweets, check my email, and even read these forums. Boom, five minutes I have back to do something else with.

For the record, Twitter is not something you do with a cell phone, although I'm sure you can. It's just a broadcast messaging system -- like a tiny mini-blog that you can update multiple times daily if you like. Rather than prattle on about what I had for breakfast, I prefer to give updates on my current projects, links to sites, pics, and videos I've found, and reply to my fellow Twitterers.

Think of it as a running conversation between friends -- sound familiar? :)

harleyman
May 2nd, 2009, 10:07
Thanks for the info...I had no clue..

jdhaenens
May 2nd, 2009, 10:30
Hmmm...guess you have to have friends ....bummer.:redf:

JayKae
May 2nd, 2009, 14:38
I'm there Bill, I hate facebook and myspace but this twitter thing looks interesting so as said... I am there :) :)

Gdavis101
May 2nd, 2009, 15:00
I can't get into Twitter, I do have a phone but it spends its life turned off and in my computer bag. As for Facebook, relatives and friends but that is about it.