PDA

View Full Version : Need Chicago area help - Acceleration

WuhWuzDat
May 1st, 2009, 14:16
I can't seem to locate a copy of Acceleration available for purchase anywhere in the NW suburban Chicago area. If anyone see a copy on the shelf (and in the area), please let me know.

Jeff

djscoo
May 1st, 2009, 19:30
I can't seem to locate a copy of Acceleration available for purchase anywhere in the NW suburban Chicago area. If anyone see a copy on the shelf (and in the area), please let me know.

Jeff
Have you tried Amazon.com or any of the other internet-based purveyors of electronic goods?

WuhWuzDat
May 1st, 2009, 19:40
Amazon is roughly double the going price for new, and I don't want somebody elses used, scratched DVD, with possible copyright issues.

SolarEagle
May 1st, 2009, 19:41
Is it possible its no longer sold stand alone now that FSX Gold is available?

WuhWuzDat
May 1st, 2009, 19:47
Is it possible its no longer sold stand alone now that FSX Gold is available?

Microsoft still shows it on their website, along with Deluxe, Standard, and Gold.

I have no wish to pay for the Deluxe edition a second time, just to be able to purchase Acceleration.

Jeff

SolarEagle
May 1st, 2009, 19:50
Gamestop and EBgames no longer sell it online, though Best Buy does for $20(back ordered).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8580779&st=flight+sim+acceleration&type=product&id=1190676637753

Beyond that you can check your local Gamestop or do a zip code search below to find which local location might have it.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=647205

If none of that is helpful I know a simmer/gamer in Chicago I can check with. He'd know about the best locations to pickup games.

WuhWuzDat
May 1st, 2009, 19:59
Thank you, I had tried all the Gamestops I knew about, but 90% of those stores were gone (closed up permanently), the website pointed out one about 4 miles from here that says it has it in stock, and at a reasoanble price.

Jeff

CG_1976
May 1st, 2009, 21:41
Hey guys thank for the reminder on FSX Gold. I might have to buy one considering my backup FSX comp's main board blew up with the I7 CPU. Back to the AM2/3 Athlons. Im not in the mood to deal with MS India for reactivation, so I'll just pick me up a copy of gold at best buy.

rwmarth
May 2nd, 2009, 04:41
Hey guys thank for the reminder on FSX Gold. I might have to buy one considering my backup FSX comp's main board blew up with the I7 CPU. Back to the AM2/3 Athlons. Im not in the mood to deal with MS India for reactivation, so I'll just pick me up a copy of gold at best buy.

Id rather just call them up then reward their activation methods by giving them even more money. In fact, you paid them already for a product and are legitimately entitled to it, and it's not like this sort of activation headache wont come up again and again; there are certain steps around this which when combined with your situation, not sure how someone could have any moral objections to.....especially with Aces gone now.

WuhWuzDat
May 2nd, 2009, 09:40
Once again, thank you, SolarEagle. Not only did the GameStop store have it on stock, but, as it was a "discontinued product" (not sure if it was MS or GS that discontinued it), it was 50% off. Final price, before tax, was $9.99 USD.

Jeff

SolarEagle
May 2nd, 2009, 18:02
Sounds like a steal! Three top quality payware aircraft with a couple top quality sceneries for $10? That's madness! :icon_lol: