PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding

corpse grinder
April 30th, 2009, 17:39
Hi all,

Its been a while since I posted. I had a major catastrophy with my old machine and lost alot of stuff from all my sims. I am on a new faster system now I am trying to find some items I am missing. If anyone could help me please do.

A couple years back there were some ground textures that were compaired to some payware that were excellent.(compaired to Ground Envirnment Pro maybe?) I cant seem to find these again but Im almost positive they came from AVSIM.

Trees. I had great set of trees that I had used for a long time that I cant find either. they had all season included. All I rememver is one the "trees" was actually like three pointy type trees right next to each other. (Sorry for the poor discription)

Autogen buildings. I remember having some stellar replacement textures for the autogen buildings and cant for the life of me find them.

Finally, scenery. There was a freeware package that contained airports from Northern New Jersey that included scenery for KFWN and KMMU among others. I will sel my kidney if anyone can find this package. If you do it will be saved to disk upon download as it is an awsome set.

Please help me. I am dying to recover alot of things and these few would help me get my FS9 back to "almost" where it was. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

wombat666
April 30th, 2009, 18:32
Search for 'Real Environment Pro 2006' at Avsim and that should turn up the correct package.

'Holger_s_Water.rar' is worth having as an optional water set as well.

Can't help with trees, I use Samoshin NW Trees 2 which is payware and worth the few $$$ it costs.

:kilroy:

Tom Clayton
April 30th, 2009, 19:47
Trees - treegen.zip over at AvSim or Flightsim. The author also posted a "fix" for issues that some users had, but I never saw them so I'm still using the original package.

edmoore235
April 30th, 2009, 21:28
Try a search at FLIGHTSIM using "FS2004 Scenery NJAirports" - this should find THREE zips with scenery and Afcads. It includes 36 airfields. Hope this helps a bit.

Ed

Z-PurpleBubble
April 30th, 2009, 23:34
Never mind, allready found...

corpse grinder
May 3rd, 2009, 19:12
Try a search at FLIGHTSIM using "FS2004 Scenery NJAirports" - this should find THREE zips with scenery and Afcads. It includes 36 airfields. Hope this helps a bit.

Ed

Thank you thank you thank you to all of you. Your help is great! I have found the airfileds I was looking for, Ive got my trees back, but I just cant seem to find those damned ground textures. I am almost positive they came from AVSIM. There was thread here a couple years ago that was probobly lost in the last major crash SOH had. The title read something to the tune of "Freeware Ground Environment Pro" and it featured these textures. I had used these textures for years and found no freeware that came close.

Anyway.....thanks you all for your help....things are coming back together nicely with my FS9!

Justin

srgalahad
May 3rd, 2009, 20:36
your autogen may have been Koorbygen lite --here:
http://www.flightsimworld.com/downloads/viewfile/693.html

and another possible tree file is Gerrish Grey's trees :
http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=TREES_V3.ZIP

edmoore235
May 3rd, 2009, 23:12
Perhaps the following files from avsim are the ones you want: lennarts_textures.zip and the update_1.zip both for FS2004. Freeware. A better ground texture? Good Luck.
Ed

marklaur
May 4th, 2009, 01:07
Silver wings is also a gteat ground texture set

Cheers MarkL

harleyman
May 4th, 2009, 03:02
your autogen may have been Koorbygen lite --here:
http://www.flightsimworld.com/downloads/viewfile/693.html

and another possible tree file is Gerrish Grey's trees :
http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=SEARCH1&fsec=0&fname=TREES_V3.ZIP

What the heck..That first link crashes(freezes) my rig everytime I click it...LOL I wanted to check it out ...man...Maybe its my new IE8....Grrrrrrrr

edmoore235
May 4th, 2009, 19:30
Hmmm, I had the same problem - after many hours, I had left the site kind of frozen, I found a msg on the sceen about a SCRIPT that may slow down my machine, I clicked on turn it off and was able to visit the site.. very odd.

Ed