PDA

View Full Version : Another FSX P-51 in the works!

Spilot69
April 30th, 2009, 13:16
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29923

d0mokun
April 30th, 2009, 14:13
Iiiixcellent, one can never have too many Stangs.

Dan.

IanP
May 1st, 2009, 08:09
I had the fortune of meeting Maurice Hammond when he brought Janie to the last Sleap airshow, which I was marshalling. That aircraft is absolutely superb. Methinks I'll be getting this one.

Little story, seeing Janie. I actually saw her flying twice the weekend of that airshow - once for an improptue display the day before, when he arrived, and the second on the day itself. However he actually did two and a half displays: Half way through the official one, a particularly malicious CB decided to pay us a visit and unleashed an absolute deluge on the crowds (the Duke of Brabant's Air Force B-25 was a very good brolly for those airside, apparently). The Marshals and show organiser were more worried about the little P-51, which had vanished. Apparently he saw the CB coming, flew a low pass, opened the throttle and went up - fast.

After a while nattering to Manchester Centre and dodging airliners and thunderstorms, the sun glinted off the fuselage of a swooping warbird and he started the display again from scratch.

Apparently, at the time, he was teaching his daughter to fly as well, in his USAF liveried AT-6 Texan. Yes. We were jealous. :engel016:

Meso
May 1st, 2009, 08:53
a particularly malicious CB decided to pay us a visit and unleashed an absolute deluge on the crowds (the Duke of Brabant's Air Force B-25 was a very good brolly for those airside, apparently). :engel016:

These damn dutchies!!! that B-25 with the big radial engines is always a pleasure to see on airshows.

kind regards,

Meso

btw. that mustang looks prettye neat and t has a nice modern day pilot in there as well which i like!

Bjoern
May 1st, 2009, 09:29
YABM - yet another bloody Mustang.

*Sigh*

I just wish developers would broaden the range of FSX add-on aircraft instead of doing the same things over and over and over again.

jankees
May 1st, 2009, 10:05
I think I'll wait for A2A, doesn't look that thrilling to me...

stiz
May 1st, 2009, 10:15
YABM - yet another bloody Mustang.

*Sigh*

I just wish developers would broaden the range of FSX add-on aircraft instead of doing the same things over and over and over again.

glad someone else said that first :icon_lol:

On a plus side it says that Aeroplane Hevean are doing it, if so they've deffinitly imporved their textureing :ernae:

Kiwikat
May 1st, 2009, 10:45
I think I'll wait for A2A, doesn't look that thrilling to me...

Yup I will be waiting for the A2A offering. Accusim has spoiled us. :mixedsmi:

IanP
May 1st, 2009, 10:52
Oh, gee whiz, isn't it strange... Models that are popular and sell well tend to be made. Rarer models that 99% of people couldn't care less about don't tend to get made.

I'm seriously joining the list of people who are sick of the negativity and whining in this hobby recently.

There are currently ZERO. NO. NIL. P-51Ds available for FSX. How the :pop4: can that be too many?

stiz
May 1st, 2009, 10:56
well for me there always getting built, fsx or not, its all you hear about during shows, all you see in combat games etc etc .. it'd just be nice to see a .. say .... fabre hydravion for a change :bump:

jankees
May 1st, 2009, 11:19
it'd just be nice to see a .. say .... fabre hydravion for a change

Maybe it would be nice....if I knew what you were talking about....

so I checked,
and though it would, perhaps, be nice to see one made,
I don't think that I would be inclined to pay for it...
but who knows, hundreds of people may be out there waiting for it,
so what is stopping you?

and while I like Mustangs, after my AH Mosquito, I'm not going near this one

Odie
May 1st, 2009, 12:30
Always room for another pony.....:mixedsmi:

Currently waiting on Bomber's B/C models while flying the WW2 Fighters D-model.

And still flying the assorted P-51's over on the FS9 side....

Gregory Paul
May 1st, 2009, 13:26
Yes I too can't wait for A2A P-51's!:icon29:

RyanJames170
May 1st, 2009, 13:35
well the model looks sweet but idk about the Flight model yet but who dose lol. if its as good look i will defiantly add it along with the A2A one.

huub vink
May 2nd, 2009, 01:21
There are currently ZERO. NO. NIL. P-51Ds available for FSX. How the :pop4: can that be too many?

Isn't there a Mustang in the acceleration package? Sorry I couldn't resist Ian ;)

As I prefer to fly the "bad boys" I'm currently waiting on a native FSX Bf109 F/G/K model, a FSX native Macchi MC202 or 205 or a fully FSX native Fiat G55, etc.... But so far I'm not aware of any developer working on one of these. So I comfort myself with the thought Mathias and his team are working on the late FW 190 models and they have a Bf110 under development as well.......

Huub

IanP
May 2nd, 2009, 03:05
Isn't that a bit like saying that the Thrust2 land speed record car is an F-4K Phantom? (It was a Phantom... Well, Phantom electrics, Phantom engines, Phantom driver... Not sure it was a K though. ;))

I'm just more than narked that of three threads I read in succession, three of them were complaining and two of them were complaining about products that aren't actually out yet. And then the great and good (sarcasm intended) complain that there isn't anything being released because so many people are leaving the hobby. Is it any surprise, really?

some1
May 2nd, 2009, 03:25
Isn't that a bit like saying that the Thrust2 land speed record car is an F-4K Phantom? (It was a Phantom... Well, Phantom electrics, Phantom engines, Phantom driver... Not sure it was a K though. ;))

That was Thrust SSC. :) Thrust2 was powered by EE Lightning engine, and Bloodhound SSC will be powered by Eurofighter Typhoon enigne, at least at the slower part of run.

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2009, 08:15
glad someone else said that first :icon_lol:

No problem mate.

Always there to take the bullet.

:d

Oh, gee whiz, isn't it strange... Models that are popular and sell well tend to be made. Rarer models that 99% of people couldn't care less about don't tend to get made.

I bet my pants that no one would care about a Tu-154 if ProTu hadn't made a quality one.

Same goes for:

- Lionheart's Quest Kodiak
- Piglet's Meyer's 200D
- Lionheart's Epic
- Australia (FTX series)
- Bill Womack's Plum Island
- Dino Cattaneo's T-45
- and about 70% of all FSX add-ons ever released.

Bottom line: You can sell anything as long as you sell a quality product.

There are currently ZERO. NO. NIL. P-51Ds available for FSX. How the :pop4: can that be too many?Native: Acceleration P-51D.
Non-native, but working: Warwick Carter + G.J. Smith P-51D.

I'm off starting work on a 737NG, since apparently no one f+cking cares about a Dornier 328 with which I've wasted over a year so far.

IanP
May 2nd, 2009, 09:08
But to pay for the less popular models, you have to sell them. Sales of a B747, A320, Spitfire, Chicago O'Hare, London Heathrow, anything people know, vastly dwarf those of aircraft and places that the majority of people don't know. That's not speculation, it's a fact.

I would also like more rareties and more unusual sceneries, but reality states that in order to create more niche products, a developer with bills to pay (i.e. not a freeware developer, who can do whatever they like) has to have an income sufficient to cover both products. If the baseline for a product is 100 and they want to build a model that will bring in 50, then they need a product that will bring in 150 to compensate for it. Therefore they make products that will sell well and use those to fund "pet" or less popular products.

Additonally, we don't currently have good models of the vast majority of popular models for FSX. The Acceleration P-51 is not a P-51D, it is a P-51 Racer. A very different beast indeed. Take a look at the number of posts on this forum that say "It's a D model, not an E. I want an E or I'm not buying" or similar.

This place is not particularly representative of the FS market in general. For the vast majority of people, what sells is familiarity. They'll buy a Spitfire or a P-51D, they wouldn't buy a Hawker Hart. They'll buy an A320 pack, or a B737 pack, they wouldn't give a flying monkeys about a Tu154 as payware. A Tu154 would sell, but not in anywhere near the quantities that a B767 or an A330 does.

The difference is economic reality versus idealism. Ideally, we want every aircraft that ever existed made for FS. Reality says we'll get what will sell/be downloaded.

You don't have to like it, but that's fact.

Just for the record, yes, I am very interested in your Do328. You have stated that it won't be payware, so it has no place in a discussion about payware, but the same as we don't have a native Do328, we don't have a native Dash-8. I'd be interested in that as well, because my system hates complex ports.

I'm also interested in a good B737, but right now the only ones available are the default B738 (hardly inspiring), the Wilco one (FS2002 updated to 2003, updated to X with the majority of features not working) and the Ariane, which I wouldn't touch with someone else's bargepole.

Bjoern
May 2nd, 2009, 10:13
But to pay for the less popular models, you have to sell them. Sales of a B747, A320, Spitfire, Chicago O'Hare, London Heathrow, anything people know, vastly dwarf those of aircraft and places that the majority of people don't know. That's not speculation, it's a fact.

Fair enough, yet I still fail to see why two entirely different companies build one and the same aircraft, each knowing what the other one has on its mind.

This is economical stupidity to the max since they'll be fighting for the same target group of simmers and thus hurting their revenues.

It would have been much smarter asking the simmers what to do next, check if the requested model is in the works and then start development or focus on the second most requested model. A lot less riskier.

I'd be interested in that as well, because my system hates complex ports.

A native Dash 8? So far no plans, even not sure if I ever want to make one.
(Who needs a Dash-8 when you can have a Do-328 anyways? ;) :d)

Let me finish the 328 and my other projects (EDFM, EVRA) first and I'll see if I want one in FSX after all.

some1
May 2nd, 2009, 11:03
Developers often don't announce they work on a particualr plane unless they have something serious to show already. So it may happen that two companies work on the same airplane without knowing about each other. Another story is when a payware developer announces something and then never finishes it, or postpones it 2 years or so. Like Aeroplane Heaven L-1049 Constellation, it was announced in November 2007, and still doesn't look like close to release date. So what you propose is virtually impossible.

Just for the record, yes, I am very interested in your Do328. You have stated that it won't be payware, so it has no place in a discussion about payware, but the same as we don't have a native Do328, we don't have a native Dash-8. I'd be interested in that as well, because my system hates complex ports.

Sorry for being offtopic on your post again but PMDG announced that they will do Dash-its_a_secret after BAe Jetstream. May be Dash-8. :)

IanP
May 2nd, 2009, 11:09
The funny thing is that I know a lot of people who have bought numerous copies of the same aircraft - particularly Mustangs, but B-17s are another example - simply because of the paints in the box. I used to have two, the WoP2 aircraft and the CWDT aircraft, because they were very different in what was included. That's less of a problem with FSX because people have learned how to change loadouts "on the fly", but the WW2 Fighters (WoP2) model didn't have anywhere near the detail in the model or the loadout options that the CWDT did.

I'd like to see PMDG redo their B1900s before a DHC, but I'll stick my hand clearly in the air to say that I'm interested in the Do328, because that's something I've not had since one was included in an airports set for FS2002!

hinch
May 2nd, 2009, 16:12
I'm off starting work on a 737NG, since apparently no one f+cking cares about a Dornier 328 with which I've wasted over a year so far.

Dornier 328 is one of my favourite planes, I've seen a few Air Alps ones and I think it's a great looking machine.

Bjoern
May 3rd, 2009, 06:55
I'd like to see PMDG redo their B1900s before a DHC, but I'll stick my hand clearly in the air to say that I'm interested in the Do328, because that's something I've not had since one was included in an airports set for FS2002!

Robert Versluys did one for FS2002 when iFDG still existed. Even had a low-res VC, but with FS9, the model couldn't be used anymore. He then released a slightly updated version which worked but didn't include that VC.

Ever since then - nothing but AI releases.

Eaglesoft has a 328-300 (Jet) in the works, but if I remember correctly it's more for FS9 than for FSX.

Dornier 328 is one of my favourite planes, I've seen a few Air Alps ones and I think it's a great looking machine.

Both of you guys might want to check the Freeflight Design forums. I've put up some new development shots this morning.