PDA

View Full Version : Question from an amateur: black cockpit glass in vc mode

Arkycharlie
October 14th, 2008, 13:19
Guys, I've struggled mightily trying to figure this out on my own, and perhaps it’s been discussed to death around here, althiugh I can’t find any threads that address it directly, but I sure could use a little brotherly advice on the black glass in VC mode problem. I’m running FSX acceleration SP2 and have probably a half dozen beautiful freeware aircraft that I can’t fly in VC mode due to black cockpit glass. I have a rough idea of the issue and was able to correct the problem in the Concorde on my own using DXTBmp. However, the other aircraft with this issue have resisted all my efforts to find a solution. One of my most disappointing efforts has been with the beautiful Alpha Bleu Ciel Corsair F4U-7. I notice on some of the aircraft with this issue, when selecting the aircraft in Free Flight, the model that shows up in the display window has black glass. Others however show up in the window with clear glass but when it opens up for flight in VC mode, the glass turns black. I wonder if this has something to do with the problem being in either the panel folder or the texture folder. The problem with the Concorde was in the texture folder and it was a conveniently marked bitmap file with the name Glass_T.bmp. None of the other aircraft that I’m working with are so easily diagnosed. Any advice or guidance offered here will be very gratefully received. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
BTW, have you guys run across a freeware “Fairchild C119 LEAS NAM”? I found it here: http://www.flightsimulatorx.it/download/aerei.php (http://www.flightsimulatorx.it/download/aerei.php). I was stunned at the quality of this freeware aircraft. I’ve only bought one payware package, the Abacus Fighter Pilot 2, which was pretty disappointing, especially considering the quality of some of the freeware out there. You guys are so far above me in this stuff that I feel like a total amateur asking questions but I decided to swallow my pride and hope for a little pity. Thanks!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
charlie

CG_1976
October 14th, 2008, 13:27
Have you checked in the Addon lib. Here under fsx addon Aircraft. I think some uploaded a couple fixes for the Alpha Bleu Ciel Corsair F4U-7. By the way nothing wrong with asking the ? when your at a loss of looking for you answear to a problem. Ive been there, its how we learn and passs on the knowledge to others.

Arkycharlie
October 14th, 2008, 13:52
Well, I feel like an idiot, but a very thankful idiot. The prop needs to be a little more blurry I can see now, but the glass is clear. Many thanks for the tip. I will study that library carefully in the future! Happy flying!

charlie

ITSMELKL
October 1st, 2009, 09:12
I FINALLY FOUND THIS QUOTE BY "CHARLIE" THAT HELP ME FIX MY SAME PROBLEM WITH THE F4U7-4 CORSAIR IN FSX. THE AIRCRAFT BY Guy HULIN IS MY FAVORITE. (I USE IT ON THE CARRIERS IN FSX, USING MY MODIFIED PANEL).
ANYWAY, THE AIRCRAFT THAT I HAVE HAS 8 DIFFERENT TEXTURES AND I DISCOVERED THAT THE ONLY ONE THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO SEE THE VIEWS OUTSIDE AND NOT HAVE A BLACK VC COCKPIT WAS THE BASE TEXTURE. ALL THE REST INCLUDING 'TEXTURE.MARINE' WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I'M IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THE OTHER TEXTURES ARE BAD WHEN IT COMES TO THE VC COCKPIT AND OUTSIDE VIEWS BEING BLACK.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS CHARLIE.

Kiwikat
October 1st, 2009, 09:15
Charlie, please turn off your CAPS LOCK key, or take your finger off the shift key... ;)

If the base texture is working, just copy the VC textures from that folder to the folders where it isn't working. That should do the trick.