PDA

View Full Version : When in the air, buildings are flying by me.

wildcat400
April 29th, 2009, 23:55
This only happens near certain airports. When I am flying anywhere between 5,000-10,000 feet I see buildings actually in the air flying by me. Weird. Does anyone know what causes this?

gajit
April 29th, 2009, 23:56
:icon29:

BananaBob
April 30th, 2009, 00:01
Envious houses who think they can fly, LOL, sounds like maybe a mesh problem.

Daube
April 30th, 2009, 00:40
If it happens only near major airport, then I think this is because your hardware is not up to the settings you choosed. Most likely, in the fsx.cfg tweaks, your Texture_bandwith_mult is too high, or your bufferpools has an inapropriate value, or simething like that.

When I was experimenting the various tweaks values, I had often the case that autogen trees and buildings would appear in the air all around me, together with black peaks and very bad performance.

harleyman
April 30th, 2009, 02:01
Envious houses who think they can fly, LOL, sounds like maybe a mesh problem.

LOL :monkies:

pointy31
April 30th, 2009, 03:48
Were you flying in south Louisiana ? Buildings have been known to fly down here...:isadizzy: Actually, I have had the same thing happpen several times, I just figured it was one of those FSX things...

Cazzie
April 30th, 2009, 04:12
Were you flying in south Louisiana ? Buildings have been known to fly down here...:isadizzy: Actually, I have had the same thing happpen several times, I just figured it was one of those FSX things...

Building don't fly by in Louisiana, they float by! :d

It's definitely a mesh issue, I have them too, also have buildings in the water.

Oh well, pretend I'm in my youth and just been to Jamaica mon. :icon_lol:

Caz

Tim_Horton
April 30th, 2009, 06:26
you can always open up Airport Design Editor and slew to the area and remove them by excluding autogen. www.fsdeveloper.com can help you out with that trick. If its just a little patch no worries.

Meshman
April 30th, 2009, 06:37
Nudge your settings to the left a notch and see if that helps. When the sim gets a little overtaxed it forgets to do things, like clamping autogen down to the terrain. Having addon mesh will contribute to this. On my (now) mid-level system I can easily replicate this by hitting autogen and scenery to Extremely Dense, coupled with the mesh work that I'm doing.

Stratocruiser
April 30th, 2009, 07:01
This used to happen to me too after flying awhile in dense autogen areas using an 8800 GTX graphics card. It would begin heating up a little, usually around 74C, which is actually a modest temperature for this card. But after a couple of years of service, the card doesn't seem to tolerate those temperatures as well as it used to anymore.

After replacing the fan block on the card with a Coolio Accel cooler, temps dropped to 45-53C, and I no longer see houses floating with me at my altitude anymore, or even slightly above the mesh.

Carey

wildcat400
April 30th, 2009, 08:35
:icon29:
Ha! No it's not the booze talking. :kilroy:

Ok, I will lower the settings slightly tonight and see if that does the trick. Also; yes, it is only a select few airports (major airports) when this occurs.

GT182
April 30th, 2009, 17:58
Tornadoes and wind shear will do it too. LOL ;)

Piglet
April 30th, 2009, 19:58
When in the air, buildings are flying by me.

Fly faster.

Kiwikat
April 30th, 2009, 20:27
Tornadoes and wind shear will do it too. LOL ;)

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore?

... too obvious :\

jdhaenens
April 30th, 2009, 20:55
Maneuver for best doppler, match bearing rates...and shoot!

BananaBob
May 1st, 2009, 05:39
If you're flying in the US, it could be all the dying houses going to heaven? :engel016:

Mickey D
May 1st, 2009, 09:10
Do they have clearance?

jetstreamsky
May 1st, 2009, 14:40
Housefly swarm

CrisGer
May 1st, 2009, 15:37
i had that last night, everything on max.... it was ok until i tried to re load a saved flight and then i got all heck...including houses in air, houses in water, no land..had to move chopper (Coastie Huey) out to sea and then fly back...

now i know it is over stress to the system, i got a FX 7600 and it was gasping for air :)

wildcat400
May 14th, 2009, 17:40
Fly faster.

Still doing it even after I lowered certian settings.

And it does not matter what plane I am in or how fast I am going. Only at certain airports.

AckAck
May 14th, 2009, 18:57
Originally Posted by Piglet http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/soh/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=165891#post165891)
Fly faster.

And it does not matter what plane I am in or how fast I am going. Only at certain airports.

I think he's being facetious - if you have houses flying past you, you are flying too slow...

I've only run across this at one airport so far, so I'm off to reduce some settings on my clunker and see if that resolves it, or if it is just a mesh issue.

Brian

wildcat400
May 15th, 2009, 09:06
if you have houses flying past you, you are flying too slow...

Brian, It normally happens when I am flying the commercial heavies. Ie; Airbus 380, Boeing 777-300, etc. Heck I haven't flown a fighter in a while. Might give it a whirl tonight.