PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Suscription Scams

casey jones
April 29th, 2009, 06:13
I have received a number of magazine solicitations flooding my mail box, be advised these companies will send you a magazine suscription solicitation in the mail which you toss...later they send you a bill for these magazines you never wanted or asked for...next a collection agency theatens you with legal action unless you pay...I received a letter from a collection agency for Field and Stream magazine which I never asked for they never sent me a single issue, the collection agency told me to pay up or else. I went to a lawyer he said write them a letter and aske them for the suscription card with my name and signature on it and if they persist in this fraud to contact him. So be careful and be alert, if the companies solicit you for buying a magazine, make a copy of the forum they sent you and send them a letter saying no, this scam is nation wide and Field and Stream is just one of them.

Cheers

Casey

Crusader
April 29th, 2009, 06:25
Thanks Casey for the HU . I've gotten a few of these too .

Rich

jhefner
April 29th, 2009, 08:11
Sounds like a desperate effort to stay alive in an internet age where paper media is fading away.

rpjkw
April 29th, 2009, 15:59
Reader's Digest did that to me about 10 years ago. Not only did I chew ass from the grunt floor on up, I did it on their nickel. Needless to say, I won't even consider buying at a store. A friend said the same thing happened with Flying magazine, but I've no first hand knowledge.

That crap really chokes my chicken.

Bob