PDA

View Full Version : 'If A Caveman Can Do It, Why Can't We?'

Panther_99FS
April 28th, 2009, 22:39
http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/diet-fitness/2009/04/28/paleo-diet-can-our-caveman-ancestors-teach-us-the-best-modern-diet.html

jmig
April 29th, 2009, 03:56
http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/diet-fitness/2009/04/28/paleo-diet-can-our-caveman-ancestors-teach-us-the-best-modern-diet.html

"Cordain suggests we mimic the diet of our hunter-gatherer forebears and eat lean meats (especially grass-fed beef, wild game, and free-range birds rather than farm-raised animals), fish, plants, fruit, and nuts."

Ahuh, I can see it now. 275 million people looking for grass fed wild game to eat.

Our problem is not so much in WHAT we eat but in HOW MUCH we eat. And, in how little we move.

Snuffy
April 29th, 2009, 03:56
I got a chuckle out of this ...

Cordain suggests we mimic the diet of our hunter-gatherer forebears and eat lean meats (especially grass-fed beef, wild game, and free-range birds rather than farm-raised animals), fish, plants, fruit, and nuts. Milk is not on his list; he says there are no evolutionary roots for it in the hunter-gatherer society, where milking wild animals wasn't possible. And contrary to most nutritional advice, he disdains grains, even whole ones, because he says our bodies aren't well adapted to eating them, especially in mass quantities.

In an age where profits are the most important thing in raising "food grade" livestock, the natural course of grass feeding this livestock will take far too much time and will cut into the increasing of profits.
Also the use of "enhancer" drugs to produce the quickest results in the shortest amount of time, all in the name of profits as well, will never end either. Unless someone balls up and puts an end to it.

Of course the "PC" groupies who think that they are looking out for the benefit of the whole of humanity by imposing all those regulatory inspections, injections, and other sensless and meaningless restrictions will fight and buck this all the way to the top. Heaven forbid that eating things naturally raised, as they should be, would be good for us ...

Also at the rate at which the human family reproduces and expands its living boundaries, this expansion will never allow for sufficient land area of just "grasses" pasturage to feed the increased numbers of beef on the hoof to supplant the "genetically enhanced" "stay in the barn" brand of livestock.

Actually domesticated livestock have been around as long as man has been on the earth so milk has always been available to man. Where the problem lies, as I said earlier, is all the chemicals that we stuff into our "food grade" livestock to enhance and quicken their market results. If we could eliminate the "drugging" of this livestock, the benefits to man would be seen almost immediately as the body starts to purge this build up of these chemicals.

I'm surprised to think that "people in the know" like the above stated nutritionist doesn't realise that the chemicals we induce into our "food grade" livestock are retentive in the meat that is produced and thus the human race is ingesting these "enhancer" chemicals too which is cause of the problem.

JMHO. :kilroy:

FlyTexas
April 29th, 2009, 07:06
Even as recently as the medieval times the vast majority of milk was made into cheese rather than used for drinking. The reason being that without refrigeration milk would spoil very quickly. Back in those days people would consume almond milk which had a much longer shelf-life.

Brian

Panther_99FS
April 29th, 2009, 08:41
I was watching the travel channel the other night....(with the bald guy that eats everything) :bump:

And they had highlighted a restaurant in Japan where customers pay big $$ to eat beef that were raised almost like pets....(owners grooming them, taking them for runs, big grasslands...)