PDA

View Full Version : ETO spitfire cockpit graphics ?

Aussie Pilot
September 27th, 2008, 15:11
Guy's

I was flying the MK1a spit in QC today for a look around and noticed the the graphics from within my cockpit are out of place. I thought it may have had something to do with my trackir so i tried it without and it is still there.

Attached are 2 pic showing the nose graphics high and seperate from the plane and similar when looking over my shoulder.

Have i done something wrong, my other planes seem allright?

middle
September 27th, 2008, 15:16
Hmm...we'll have to chk that out and see what can be done.

Aussie Pilot
September 27th, 2008, 15:25
Hi Mid, you guys really made this a nice addon aye.

I have just had a thought. Last time i saw this was when i tried taking the cockpit from the new wildcats and putting it into an older version. Even though it looked right from outside, when i got into the cockpit i had this same type of missmatching graphics.

Could it be anying to do with that?

middle
September 27th, 2008, 17:46
Possibly..we'll have to wait till someone with that expertise weighs in on it. What surprises me is that it got missed in testing. I'm really surprised not a one of us saw it or mentioned it. There goes that payraise and access to the secret handshake!!

warfreak
September 27th, 2008, 17:59
so that cockpit is messed up for all you guys?

Pat Pattle
September 28th, 2008, 01:10
Shame this got through really, but there's a new 'pit in the works, I hope it can be uploaded as soon as it's ready to correct this.

In the meantime try using the stock pit instead :)

greycap.raf
September 28th, 2008, 02:05
Possibly..we'll have to wait till someone with that expertise weighs in on it. What surprises me is that it got missed in testing. I'm really surprised not a one of us saw it or mentioned it. There goes that payraise and access to the secret handshake!!
It wasn't missed... I thought everyone already knew about it and decided to leave it as is because there is nothing better available at the moment. Which pretty much is the truth, actually. It couldn't have been done any better so there's nothing to be ashamed about.

so that cockpit is messed up for all you guys?
If that is "messed up" I may not want to know what you would have said about the other options there were. And you can always make a better one, perhaps we'll see it during the next couple of weeks seeing that you've been practising with Gmax for a while by now?

ndicki
September 28th, 2008, 02:17
Well said, Rene.

zig_zag
September 28th, 2008, 05:13
hi guys

As Pat will know I'm working on the mk1 pit at the moment and am very near completion...although I have been distracted by the eto release (very nice work guys) so for a change I've been flying round the new scenery etc and lovin it!
The reason that no pit lines up quite right is because the original author of the mk1 Patrick Didier did a great job on the model but never completed a working VC for it, choosing to leave it open for someone else to do.
I had hoped to get the pit done before the ETO guys released it but juggling work, family and gmax can be a tad difficult to say the least....
anyhows wont be long now

cheers
zigzag

middle
September 28th, 2008, 10:18
Rene's right..now that I think about it it was mentioned and at the time there was nothing to be done so all I can say is the plane flies fine and after all, it's a sim and not real life and it will get rectified. Altho myself and the rest of the test team and the devs literally checked out as much as humanly possible there are bound to be a few things that slipped by us.
Therein is one reason for these forums. We like to know if there's something amiss so it can be fixed when and if possible. To say something is "messed up" within the context of the ETO add-on is somewhat insulting and a poor choice of words. There's nothing "messed up". When you have spent countless hours flying over every airfield in the ETO's five eras, and cruising every virtual mile of coastline from Ireland to Italy, spent hours and hours that turn into months and months staring at a computer screen till your eys go buggy attempting to get something so right that it looks real, or as real as it can get within the confines of what we have to work work with and then to communicate all of this with highly intelligent people and GET IT DONE in a highly efficient and timely fashion, then and only then do you have the right to call something "messed up".

ronnybengt
September 28th, 2008, 10:22
JINX....!!!! i allways miss this ..thats because while in aspit..i never look at 6 o clock..LOL...or they have to look at their whilst i am moving in 4 the kill in a brand new FW 190 TATATAT.TA.....ta

It will get sorted
R