PDA

View Full Version : Fsx acceleration carrier catapult

peter12213
April 28th, 2009, 09:04
can anyone help me i'm despiratelly trying to launch the super etendard off an acceleration carrier but when i trigger the catapult the nose gear falls down and i crash!! does anybody know a fix for this so i can update and possably release a super etendard for fsx acceleration carrier opps!!
its almost like the nose gear is to weak or something ?

any help would be much appreciated!!

EgoR64
May 8th, 2009, 10:37
Hi

noshadez(Ron) had a similar problem and found the answer lie in the -> Launch Assistance Section of your aircraft.cfg file -> Specifically the launch_bar_pivot, try changing this around - maybe help -

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 5.0, 0.0, -1.0
launch_bar_lug = 5.0, 0.0, -4.5

Cheers !!

Rich
May 9th, 2009, 00:05
If it is the one done by these 2 Capt. I. D'Attomo and Capt. G.Quai try this, add these 3 lines to the lights section

light.7=3, -14, 3.0, -1.5, fx_navwhi // tailhook
light.8=3, 2.233, 0.0, -2.122, fx_navred , // launch_bar_pivot =9.233, 0.0, -5.122
light.9=3, 8.03, 0, -5.0, fx_navwhi ,// launch_bar_lug = 11.03, 0, -6.61

and replace the tailhook and launch assist with these.

[TailHook]
tailhook_length = 5 ;(feet)
tailhook_position = -14, 0.0, -1.5
cable_force_adjust = 3

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot =2.233, 0.0, -2.122
launch_bar_lug = 8.03, 0, -5.0

As with the Wyvern switch your lights on and you should see a white light on the deck just behind the nose wheel which is the hookup point for the cat I think the French used the same system for cat launch as the Royal Navy, anyway it works for me, contact points do not need touching

peter12213
May 9th, 2009, 18:51
If it is the one done by these 2 Capt. I. D'Attomo and Capt. G.Quai try this, add these 3 lines to the lights section

light.7=3, -14, 3.0, -1.5, fx_navwhi // tailhook
light.8=3, 2.233, 0.0, -2.122, fx_navred , // launch_bar_pivot =9.233, 0.0, -5.122
light.9=3, 8.03, 0, -5.0, fx_navwhi ,// launch_bar_lug = 11.03, 0, -6.61

and replace the tailhook and launch assist with these.

[TailHook]
tailhook_length = 5 ;(feet)
tailhook_position = -14, 0.0, -1.5
cable_force_adjust = 3

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot =2.233, 0.0, -2.122
launch_bar_lug = 8.03, 0, -5.0

As with the Wyvern switch your lights on and you should see a white light on the deck just behind the nose wheel which is the hookup point for the cat I think the French used the same system for cat launch as the Royal Navy, anyway it works for me, contact points do not need touching

RICH
... is that default mate? yeah ya right we both used that hook and strop method of launching same as the americans and i'm pretty sure someone does it some where lol!!!
plus is it me or is the wyvern frame rate heavy **** me, she takes alot of bloody loading lol ... or is it me with $hitty kit.. or a fsuipc problem?

Thanks for the tips tho Bud nice one i appreciate it i'm a fg1 driver at heart tho!!
wouldn't mind flying with ya my heart is in carrier ops like!! from Newcastle England!!

Rich
May 9th, 2009, 20:40
peter12213,
No not default all my own work, sometimes you can get away with bunging any old settings off another plane in but not often as you get odd results such as you had with the Etandard and the Crusader which I am looking at now, there is nothing wrong with the gear in either of them the problem is with whatever launch assist you put on as neither of them come with launch assist in the aircraft.cfg, I go through all my carrier planes and setup cat and hook to each of them individualy.

Yes I am British, Welsh actualy but will accept British not English, I am retired living in the Philippines, of the 4 of us in Flying Stations 1 is UK based 2 are US based but we are all British.

I think the US gave up the strop system some time ago, since the Etandard and the Crusader do not have launch bars on the models the Crusader was pre launch bars and the French used the same system as RN, not sure about now though.

Yes the Wyvern does take a little time loading but worth it I think, well worth the price

peter12213
May 10th, 2009, 06:23
I agree it is, plus any news on that Buccaneer yet Rich

sparouty
May 12th, 2009, 04:58
Hi everybody,

I think the US gave up the strop system some time ago, since the Etandard and the Crusader do not have launch bars on the models the Crusader was pre launch bars and the French used the same system as RN, not sure about now though.

You're 100% right! I just precise that steam catapults on both Clemenceau and Foch carriers were British made.
During this period none of the French Navy planes used launch bars. It's only with the Charles DeGaulle carrier and her US catapults that launch bars appeared. Note that if Rafales and Hawkeyes have launch bars, Super Etendards are still using cable (sling?)...
Regards,
Sylvain