PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater WIP

BananaBob
April 27th, 2009, 13:21
Haven't forgot too much, just started this and thought I'd show a WIP shot.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7858/tsr1.jpg

StickMan
April 27th, 2009, 13:26
Looking very nice, I like it a lot.

MCDesigns
April 27th, 2009, 13:36
WOOHOO! Bob's back at it!! :ernae:

gajit
April 27th, 2009, 14:08
Excellent bob :applause:

deathfromafar
April 27th, 2009, 14:30
I know some fellas up at Moyock who will enjoy this one!

Fireball6
April 27th, 2009, 14:33
Impressive - great to see you are work on this beauty :applause:

spotlope
April 27th, 2009, 16:17
Man, it activates my latent vertigo every time I see this thing with all the feet dangling. Nice one, Bob. :icon29:

RyanJames170
April 27th, 2009, 17:20
See here is a hello i would want to fly :ernae: good job so far

SolarEagle
April 27th, 2009, 22:58
As always elegant simplicity at it's finest, and the paint is lookin' to be must have.

BananaBob
April 28th, 2009, 15:33
Thanks gents, it's starting to come together, it's just a pain when you have to line everything up as you can still see. :ernae:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7675/tsr2.jpg

Mithrin
April 29th, 2009, 11:39
Ooh I'm gonna like that!

stiz
April 29th, 2009, 12:07
there not called blackwater anymore:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/13/blackwater-changes-name-xe

:engel016:

gajit
April 29th, 2009, 13:29
Now thats looking fantastic BBob :applause:

Tim_Horton
April 30th, 2009, 06:29
A trick to line them up is making a master template like what was done with the Opensky 777-300r, Basically one big Side shot, then using reference markings you can cut and paste it all into place. Works every time. Just a pain sometimes to put it together, kinda like Virtual Lego.

I gotta stop looking at these MD500 posts, Some stupid Issue with Shaders and my new Video card makes my md500 Invisible Except Seats and People, Real pain when paid for.

jeansy
May 1st, 2009, 07:14
cant wait bob, have you done the blades as well?

BananaBob
May 1st, 2009, 07:45
cant wait bob, have you done the blades as well?

Thanks brother, yep, will be doing the blades, lighter for the main and white with red stripes for the tail and a bit lighter, they just seem too dark for my taste. :ernae:

SolarEagle
May 19th, 2009, 12:27
This is still in the works I hope? :jump:

Baron von Blutwurst
May 19th, 2009, 13:11
Looking awesome Bob...the spec mapping looks top notch:medals:

Cheers
Randy

BananaBob
May 19th, 2009, 18:41
I haven't forgot this one, it's next to finish, thanks! :ernae:

BananaBob
May 19th, 2009, 22:10
Some progress done tonight. Also Bill, why can't the whole flightsim world be filled with your grass? :ernae:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/395/zzhelnem.jpg

SolarEagle
May 19th, 2009, 22:32
Wow man, that's a seriously impressive shot!

BananaBob
May 21st, 2009, 04:50
Think I'm done with this one, almost looks real. :ernae:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8584/zznem2.jpg

Ready to roll!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7483/zznem1.jpg

VCN-1
May 21st, 2009, 05:12
WOW!

Those are incredible images.

VCN-1

SolarEagle
May 21st, 2009, 17:52
Awesome stuff.

heywooood
May 21st, 2009, 18:39
there not called blackwater anymore:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/13/blackwater-changes-name-xe

:engel016:

I dont care what they call themselves - they are killing people with impunity in a foreign country with no mandate from congress or the people of the US.

simply a terrorist organisation shoddily mischaracterised as a 'security' firm.

they wear deluxe body armour and use equipment our regular forces cant even aquire - an elite, battle tested army for corporate interests...

even a moron can piece together the dire implications of what that will lead to.

Roger
May 21st, 2009, 19:04
I dont care what they call themselves - they are killing people with impunity in a foreign country with no mandate from congress or the people of the US.

simply a terrorist organisation shoddily mischaracterised as a 'security' firm.

they wear deluxe body armour and use equipment our regular forces cant even aquire - an elite, battle tested army for corporate interests...

even a moron can piece together the dire implications of what that will lead to.

heywooood,
You have to remember that in effect we play games here. We have GA and Tubeliners, we have bombers and fighters with Swastikas and Rising suns, not to mention Fasces and Spanish Republican Xs so as long as we don't make capital on the politics and horrors behind the emblems, we just play games...nicely if possible.

Panther_99FS
May 21st, 2009, 19:29

I have no problems with you having issues over repaints - however please don't bring politics into the fray....

BananaBob
May 21st, 2009, 21:23
I really don't think this was even a BW bird, I made it into one because I like them, remember that I'm not forcing anyone to look, buy, or download, I'm doing what I enjoy and sharing it with whoever wants it, if you don't that's fine, everyone is allowed their own critique but please think about what I stated above. Thanks guys for your opinions, good or bad. :ernae: (I enjoy the good ones better though, LOL) :engel016:

spotlope
May 21st, 2009, 22:13
All politics aside, that's one dynamite looking repaint, Bob. You continue to amaze me.

As for the grass, just looking at those shots reminds me that I liked that technique. Will have to use it again in some upcoming airports. Doing grass that way wasn't my original idea, btw. Stephane LePage (Vauchez) used a technique much like this for his FlightZone02 PDX scenery. Like they say, amateurs plagiarize -- professionals steal. ;)

heywooood
May 22nd, 2009, 05:22
sorry for the outburst - and to be clear I meant no disrespect to bananabob whos work I greatly appreciate.

this is not a political forum - I'll keep my concerns to myself in that regard on this forum going forward

thank you to one and all

Marlin
May 22nd, 2009, 10:37
Really nice Heywood, and to think I used to like you.

Your post is exactly the reason that I basically banned myself from posting here, as I don’t want to get officially banned. But your post is over the top and extremely disrespectful.

I know if I were a diplomat going overseas, I would WANT Blackwater to be my bodyguards, especially beings that I am ex military.

Beings that I am ex military, and all/most of Blackwater is ex military, you just called ALL of us terrorists. Maybe you should go to work for Janet Napolitano where you would actually get a paycheck for calling fellow ex military, pro constitution civilians; terrorists. You’re a real class act; NOT!!

Bob, I have always liked not only the colors and design of their paint jobs, but what they have stood for! Then to have you, make it like that, is the cherry on top of the pie. My hats off to ya, and now I will have to get that bird.

Blackwater, where they don’t lose those they protect.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

spotlope
May 22nd, 2009, 10:47
And this is exactly why we try to avoid politics here.

<ducks and covers>

Henry
May 22nd, 2009, 10:58
sorry for the outburst - and to be clear I meant no disrespect to bananabob whos work I greatly appreciate.

this is not a political forum - I'll keep my concerns to myself in that regard on this forum going forward

thank you to one and all
Thanks!
we all slip from time to time
and it takes a big person to say sorry.
Now i cannot fly choppers
but i would still download the paint
cos it looks great:applause:
H

BananaBob
May 22nd, 2009, 16:17
I've gone off the deep end, believe me so I try to take everything with a grain of salt but we are human, and we do get upset at times, just remember, there are three types of people in this world and if you've watched "Team America - World Police" then you'll know what I'm talking about, LOL And without these 3 types, the world would be an awful boring place. :ernae:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7318/md500sm.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9959/floatnobg.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7405/highdo1.jpg

BananaBob
May 22nd, 2009, 16:21

thank you to one and all

Thanks bro, you crazy California people! Just kidding, LOL :ernae:

spotlope
May 22nd, 2009, 16:21
Hey Bob, here's an innocent, non-political question: what gives with the UK reg on the Blackwater chopper?

Say, I just noticed this on that last shot: good lord, that pilot is huge! I swear, he couldn't stand upright under those blades without being instantly decapitated. Looks like he ate several of the dwarf pilots from other FS birds. ;)

BananaBob
May 22nd, 2009, 16:22

Your post is exactly the reason that I basically banned myself from posting here, as I don’t want to get officially banned. But your post is over the top and extremely disrespectful.

I know if I were a diplomat going overseas, I would WANT Blackwater to be my bodyguards, especially beings that I am ex military.

Beings that I am ex military, and all/most of Blackwater is ex military, you just called ALL of us terrorists. Maybe you should go to work for Janet Napolitano where you would actually get a paycheck for calling fellow ex military, pro constitution civilians; terrorists. You’re a real class act; NOT!!

Bob, I have always liked not only the colors and design of their paint jobs, but what they have stood for! Then to have you, make it like that, is the cherry on top of the pie. My hats off to ya, and now I will have to get that bird.

Blackwater, where they don’t lose those they protect.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you sir, I probably should have banned myself a few times too. :ernae:

BananaBob
May 22nd, 2009, 16:26
Hey Bob, here's an innocent, non-political question: what gives with the UK reg on the Blackwater chopper?

Say, I just noticed this on that last shot: good lord, that pilot is huge! I swear, he couldn't stand upright under those blades without being instantly decapitated. Looks like he ate several of the dwarf pilots from other FS birds. ;)

It wasn't even a BW chopper I don't think now, but it can be whatever you want really, at least it works with the meds I'm on. :ernae: And that guy is huge! LOL

As you can see from the real photo, it's not even the same bird and I used artistic license to remove the other stripe because it would have been another thing hard to line up.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8364/gsscl1.jpg

Henry
May 22nd, 2009, 16:49
Thank you sir, I probably should have banned myself a few times too. :ernae:
excuse me but the AAMB American Association members
Banning is a union thang
and members cannot do it without union permission
you could put staff out of a job
disgraceful :engel016:
Jees
H

BananaBob
May 22nd, 2009, 16:55
excuse me but the AAMB American Association members
Banning is a union thang
and members cannot do it without union permission
you could put staff out of a job
disgraceful :engel016:
Jees
H

LOL, Henry, you know you're a dang good mediator! :ernae:

SolarEagle
May 22nd, 2009, 17:09
As you can see from the real photo, it's not even the same bird and I used artistic license to remove the other stripe because it would have been another thing hard to line up.

Looks MUCH nicer without the second stripe anyway!

Panther_99FS
May 22nd, 2009, 17:20

Blackwater, where they don’t lose those they protect.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Marlin,
You just made a political post here...:monkies:

Time to wrap this thread up.....The bottom line is that we should be greatfull that Bananabob is back & continues to make the repaints & props that we love so much...