PDA

View Full Version : Viper Dynamics

JohnC
October 14th, 2008, 11:07
A video illustrating the flight capabilities of the soon to be released Aerosoft F-16.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6005361952107413721

falcon409
October 14th, 2008, 13:25
Two comments:

(1) This video run in anything larger than a postage stamp is too pixelated to even make out the airplane once it passes dead center.
(2) Unfortunately, using a video to show off flight dynamics isn't very telling because I can do the same things in the Lago Falcon and it doesn't really "tell" you anything except that it can roll, climb, turn and dive.

A more revealing video would have been to show off the cockpit in detail, HUD displays, PDF and MFD displays, night and day lighting interior, exterior flight control surfaces, exhaust at various power settings and so on.

JohnC
October 14th, 2008, 14:25
Google Video chopped the dimensions by at least half during the upload, and I didn't see a way to change the resolution for the upload. If someone knows how to change this, or knows of a better website for video's, I'd be happy to reupload it.

As far as the other comments; I'll just repeat what I've already said. This was intended to display the flight portion of the model, and there are maneuvers in the video which the Lago F-16 absolutely could not perform. If the flight model isn't the most interesting part of an add-on aircraft, then I'm sorry to have let you down in that regards; but flight is my specialty, and consequently it is the topic I try to stick with. If you are interested in the cockpit, I believe there are a few VC walkthroughs already uploaded.

falcon409
October 14th, 2008, 15:01
First of all I didn't pay any attention to who posted the video or where it was being played from. I assumed this was a vid direct from Aerosoft. My apologies for the blunt nature of my comments.

I didn't watch the whole vid because it was too blurry, I just didn't see anything in the portion I watched that I couldn't replicate in just about any fighter.

I'm sure the F-16 will be a fine offering. I'm just not overly impressed with vids of it flying around having worked on the real thing for over 16yrs.

CodyValkyrie
October 14th, 2008, 15:08
Thank you for sharing jcagle! Mucho appreciated.

Dag
October 16th, 2008, 06:59
It's gonna be nice to finally have it out (22nd) for sure, I've been on and off this project for about 3 years now.
Nice flying there John, real nice :icon_lol::icon_lol:

And thanks falcon for your valued input, alway constructive :icon_lol:

Thanks

Warrant
October 16th, 2008, 08:26
It's gonna be nice to finally have it out (22nd) for sure, I've been on and off this project for about 3 years now.
Nice flying there John, real nice :icon_lol::icon_lol:

And thanks falcon for your valued input, alway constructive :icon_lol:

Thanks

The boxed version will be released somewhere mid November:banghead:

That being the one i pre-ordered...:running:...is it mid November yet?, ...is it mid November yet?, ...is it mid November yet?, :jump:...is it mid November yet?, ...is it mid November yet?, :sleep:...is it mid November yet?, ...is it mid November yet?, :jump:...is it mid November yet?, ...is it mid November yet? :d

Nick C
October 16th, 2008, 08:36
...is it mid November yet? :d

Just substitute my desktop for yours and Bob's your Uncle...(although I couldn't prove it).

Nick C
October 16th, 2008, 08:37
Damn, it still says October, ahhh well was worth a try!

falcon409
October 16th, 2008, 14:08
. . .And thanks falcon for your valued input, alway constructive
Thanks
. . .he said "tongue-in-cheek", lol,, lol
Always good to hear from ya Dag. How are things in your part of the world? I sure miss workin' on the Viper, that has a lot to do with why I'm always so cranky anymore:costumes:

kilo delta
October 16th, 2008, 14:19
I reckon that this Aerosoft release will be as groundbreaking as the C9 Phantom was to FS9...........cannot wait:applause: Best order my G-suit and get myself in better shape before it's release:d

deimos256
October 16th, 2008, 14:28
so this kicks off oct 22nd i assume? Any idea of a price?

Dag
October 17th, 2008, 00:10
. . .he said "tongue-in-cheek", lol,, lol
Always good to hear from ya Dag. How are things in your part of the world? I sure miss workin' on the Viper, that has a lot to do with why I'm always so cranky anymore:costumes:

Well.... It's going to be good to get it published, been on it for too long. Here in Norway everything is fine, I get a doze of F-16s from time to time at the base. Nothing's like the real thing.

Dag
October 17th, 2008, 00:12
so this kicks off oct 22nd i assume? Any idea of a price?

I bet it'll be 29,99 or something in Euros.
You get 22+ different models (INT and EXT) and just below 60 paints for that and custom flight dynamics for each different loadout category.

Vigilius
October 17th, 2008, 02:17
I bet it'll be 29,99 or something in Euros.
You get 22+ different models (INT and EXT) and just below 60 paints for that and custom flight dynamics for each different loadout category.

Surely this Viper is a 'monster' expecially for the painters like you :applause: