PDA

View Full Version : How to unblock fsuipc?

Markoz
April 27th, 2009, 01:03
Hi all.

I bought and installed Captain Sim 757-200 Pro for FSX the other day. After it finished installing, I started FSX. I was asked to install FSUIPC 4.4 (the choice:- "RUN" OR "DONT RUN"). I clicked the box for "DONT RUN" and all was fine. The problem was that FSUIPC 4.4 was already installed and I didnt want to reinstall it. Every time I started FSX I got the same message.

After about five or six times I got a bit p***ed off and selected (under more options) "never run gauges (or programs) from Peter Dowson" and now FSUIPC doesnt run at all. :confused:

In the FSX.cfg file I found these 2 lines :-

[Trusted]
G:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ehekaatlunhqzehqqzoqbzoouzce zatozntutkeq=1

G:\Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ketbewwkwzbcltiukirtbiuqhirq lnrnblzkhute=-1

Take note of the -1 at the end of that second line. I have deleted that second line many times but it keeps being replace to block FSUIPC. Where can I find the place that it is really blocked from?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

stovall
April 27th, 2009, 06:19
Mark, this is something I have seen before myself. I would delete both lines or anything associated with FSUIPC4 in the FSX.cfg and just restart FSX. You should be asked to trust it one more time only. Click run not don't run and you should be good to go.

Markoz
April 27th, 2009, 07:10
Thanks for that stovall. Im sure it would have worked too. I have actually just come in to say I it is fixed already.

I got a reply back from Captain Sim (I had seen many complaints of them not responding to problems so was surprised to get a reply) and their solution was simply to reinstall FSUIPC 4.4 which actually worked. I was asked again to trust it or not and I clicked on "TRUST". I don't know how that would work seeing as I hadn't removed the original listing but had removed the one that ended in -1.
I can assure you I will be much more careful next time.

Thanks again

Mark