PDA

View Full Version : Better Lights

Wing_Z
April 26th, 2009, 21:02
At some point I messed up the lights in my installation.
At present aircraft cast a solid triangle on the ground which I think can be improved.
I know there are dozens of mods available, anybody have a good one that softens the edges, especially the runout straight ahead?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/Flightsim%202/fs92009-04-2716-59-38-70.jpg

Tom Clayton
April 26th, 2009, 21:08
That's controlled by the "spotlight.bmp" in the main Texture folder. If you need to replace the stock file, it's on CD #2, inside MSGAME3.cab. Just extract the original file straight into the main Texture folder and click "yes" to the overwrite prompt if it pops up.

falcon409
April 27th, 2009, 04:27
That's controlled by the "spotlight.bmp" in the main Texture folder. If you need to replace the stock file, it's on CD #2, inside MSGAME3.cab. Just extract the original file straight into the main Texture folder and click "yes" to the overwrite prompt if it pops up.
I'll have to remember that. . .good info Tom. Wing_Z, if you ever get the urge to go beyond the stock lights, take a look at the A2A_Shockwave _Redux_ lights for FS9. Makes a world of difference.

Wing_Z
April 27th, 2009, 13:34
That is good info, thanks Tom.
I think something reverted my setup to the default which is 'orrible after having used custom textures.
Armed with knowledge of which file it is, I dug out a very nice Xenon light texture by Dirk Kurze which gives an interesting softer effect.

Falcon I do have the A2A lights but find them applicable only to misty weather conditions. In bright sun I don't want to see a cone of light sticking out of the aircraft wing!
Also, I can't remember if they affect AI which was the main issue here.

falcon409
April 27th, 2009, 16:35
. . .Falcon I do have the A2A lights but find them applicable only to misty weather conditions. In bright sun I don't want to see a cone of light sticking out of the aircraft wing!. . . .
no prob