PDA

View Full Version : Flight1 RealAir Spitfire for FSX Showcase Video.

Mithrin
April 26th, 2009, 02:25
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
From the memorable sound of the Merlin-engined Mk IX to the speed of the Griffon-powered Mk XIV, you are in for a feast of sight & sound. Designed to take advantage of Flight Simulator X's latest technology, the aircraft not only look right, they fly right too - each with RealAir's acclaimed realistic handling that is unique to each variant.
Push the thottle forward - it's bandits at 12 o'clock!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

<object width="445" height="364">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W59v9ShVqvI&hl=nl&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></object>

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Or download the HD version off the Flight1 product page (http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=F1E-SPT-001) or from my site. (http://mithrin.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4)
Thanks for watching!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mithrin
April 28th, 2009, 00:01
Hm 122 views. Say these are all double viewers...61...now maybe one third of those may have actually sat through the video, so 20 and some parts of a human body.

Hm so twenty people watched it but nobody cared to reply. Not playing drama queen here but to me that sucks. You don't have to say it's the best movie ever, just say something, even if you didn't like it. ****, it's not just a screenshot. That costed me god knows how many hours and reshoots.

tigisfat
April 28th, 2009, 01:07
I thought the production value on the video was pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. You definitely have a knack for filmmaking. I'd like to see more of your work.

If I have one gripe, it's that you didn't use the best scenery in your library for it. When you use sounds and creative angles to capture the magic, it destroys it all to see the bleak FSX countryside on lo res with minimum autogen turned on.

Thanks for sharing. I figured I had to say something positive AND negative if noone else is going to post.

Mr.Mugel
April 28th, 2009, 01:32
It is a good movie definitively, I like how you show the interior with some uncommom shots!

spotlope
April 28th, 2009, 05:05
Extremely slick and well-produced. You know, I've heard a lot of people say they're not influenced by media like this when making their purchase, but I've always been a sucker for a perfectly-framed screenshot or a dynamic video. This one showed off the best attributes of the Spitfire nicely, I thought, including (and especially!) the sound pack. The scenery didn't bother me at all. ;)

nio
April 28th, 2009, 09:03
Well done Erik

Nice video showcase for a great product.

If I did not already own it I would go out and buy it.

best

nio

:applause:

Mithrin
April 28th, 2009, 12:59
I thought the production value on the video was pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. You definitely have a knack for filmmaking. I'd like to see more of your work.
Thanks man, you will in the future. And you will also see more of my own vids with a more storydriven plot. The thing with these kind of vids is that you do have to follow certain guidelines set by the people you shoot the vid for. Not that this is really a bad thing but sometimes it means I would have done things a bit different myself.

If I have one gripe, it's that you didn't use the best scenery in your library for it. When you use sounds and creative angles to capture the magic, it destroys it all to see the bleak FSX countryside on lo res with minimum autogen turned on. Yup I understand your point. With FSX unfortunately I can't use most of the high detail addon scenery without losing a ton of frames per second. No upgrade this year either probably. Looking back at it I think I would have shot the racer part at one of the courses included with Acceleration, but oh well. Not going to change that anymore.

Thanks for sharing. I figured I had to say something positive AND negative if noone else is going to post. Well thank you!

It is a good movie definitively, I like how you show the interior with some uncommom shots!
Thank you, still trying to find better ways of shooting the VC of planes. No more mindless panning etc.

Extremely slick and well-produced. You know, I've heard a lot of people say they're not influenced by media like this when making their purchase, but I've always been a sucker for a perfectly-framed screenshot or a dynamic video. This one showed off the best attributes of the Spitfire nicely, I thought, including (and especially!) the sound pack. The scenery didn't bother me at all. ;)
No really! :icon_lol: ;) ;) It's a solid bit of work Bill and works 100%. It's a neat little field to use with the photoreal stuff for the UK as well.:guinness:

Well done Erik

Nice video showcase for a great product.

If I did not already own it I would go out and buy it.

best

nio

:applause:
Thanks Nio! Appreciate that! :icon29:

Nick C
April 28th, 2009, 13:27
Great work Erik, thoroughly enjoyed the film and I appreciate the hard work that must have gone into it. Takes long enough to get a half decent still picture, without having to film the process too!

Now stick your dummy back in and go make another :engel016:

:applause::applause::applause:

Mithrin
April 29th, 2009, 11:37
Cheers Nick! LOL too many vids to shoot, not nearly enough time. :running: ;)

glennc
April 29th, 2009, 12:05
I'm a firm believer in Mark Twain's philosophy- I'd rather keep my mouth shut and have people think me a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. :icon_lol:. Any time I make a comment, its because I have something specific to say other than "nice job".

Glenn

CodyValkyrie
April 29th, 2009, 12:28
If there is one thing I learned doing commercial work, it is about getting the video to as many different places as possible. Don't get discouraged by a small amount of views or comments. Try to learn why, try to improve on those points, and the most important, KEEP TRYING.

BTW, nice to see you posting more vids mate. Been a long time! Cheers!