PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Terrain Europe and Vector X

CrisGer
April 25th, 2009, 20:04
I was wondering if Ultimate Terrain Europe and FS X Vector Europe are compatible.... i have wanted to try to get more detail and accuracy in my install for Europe and have decided to invest in UT but saw that there is FX X Vector too....can they work together or will they clash? any tips most gratefully recieved. :)

Mr.Mugel
April 25th, 2009, 23:12
I think it is your fault that I have finally bought UTX Europe...:bump:

I donīt exactly know how various landclass addons work together, but I could imagine that the one higher in the scenery library will show, and cover the lower one.

CrisGer
April 26th, 2009, 00:12
:)
ok, i will accept the blame for both of us :) i got it too ;)

will see how it goes ...looks very nice.

danke

lucas81
April 26th, 2009, 02:51
Crisgear,

I would suggest you to stay with the UTX only. It already contains great landclass (after you will install SP-1 and SP-2 + Acceleration patch for the UTX). Vector Europe covers a little bit more Europe, but it does not have any landclass - only roads, rivers and shorelines.

I have found that Vector Europe has much better lakes than the UTX (at least in my "region"), but UTX is fully customizable with its own setup tool. Vector Europe, as far as I know, does not have such one and it istalls directly into Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.

Lucas

CrisGer
April 26th, 2009, 08:50
thanks Lucas much appreciated. Those are just the sort of details i needed to know about i really appreciate that information. i am going to add some of the X cities too, and have already worked on the mesh and landclass but now that will be taken in hand by UT so that will be interesting. I saw the customizable options for UT they are very detailed indeed. I have a mid range system so that will make my work to install and adjust very much more possible. thanks again.