PDA

View Full Version : starliner question

cheezyflier
April 25th, 2009, 13:47
today i went from ksea to ksfo. as i was taxiing to parking after touch-down i lost engines 2 & 3. maybe i shouldn't have ignored the low fuel warning lights.
turns out, when i parked and checked the tanks, this is what i had:

left - empty
center - full
right - empty
center 2 - full
center 3 - full
external 1 - 57.2%
external 2 - 57.2%

how can i make it draw from all the tanks at the same time? for that matter, how do i work the tanks in the first place? i looked in the documentation but it doesn't say. is there a "starliner tank management for dummies" somewhere? i plan to take it to honolulu so i am gonna need to learn this.

Piglet
April 25th, 2009, 19:48
I always thought the external fuel was used first, followed my the outboard tanks, then center tanks, or somethin' like that.
You didn't accidently have any fuel dump switches tripped?

thunder100
April 25th, 2009, 23:19
today i went from ksea to ksfo. as i was taxiing to parking after touch-down i lost engines 2 & 3. maybe i shouldn't have ignored the low fuel warning lights.
turns out, when i parked and checked the tanks, this is what i had:

left - empty
center - full
right - empty
center 2 - full
center 3 - full
external 1 - 57.2%
external 2 - 57.2%

how can i make it draw from all the tanks at the same time? for that matter, how do i work the tanks in the first place? i looked in the documentation but it doesn't say. is there a "starliner tank management for dummies" somewhere? i plan to take it to honolulu so i am gonna need to learn this.

Hi

I am the FDE designer(among other duties)

Like in real Starliner you have to switch the tank levers on the FE panel

Hope this helps for the next time

Thunder100
Starliner team