PDA

View Full Version : Fly the Tourists to Monaco....

gera
April 25th, 2009, 10:22
Hi Guys...

This is my first /--FSAdventureFlight in XPlane....a simple flight
in the Italian French Riviera......hope you enjoy it...Beware!!!!! Since there
is no "Airfield" in Monaco you must land at the Heliport....so if you are not flying a chopper use a good STOL....

Uploaded in Avsim:kilroy:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/FLIGHTTOMONACOFROMLIMG.jpg

GT182
April 25th, 2009, 11:09
You forgot "floats".... there's plenty of ocean out there. ;)

gera
April 25th, 2009, 11:18
yea.....but the town is far from the beach......:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon29:

VCN-1
April 25th, 2009, 12:01
That looks great.

VCN-1

GT182
April 25th, 2009, 12:39
yea.....but the town is far from the beach......:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon29:

After the flight, a good walk will do em good. ;) And think of the scenery they see on the beach. :jump::jump: :rolleyes:

Naismith
April 25th, 2009, 12:43
I hate to sound mean, but that screenshot at top reminds me of MSFS98, is that really where X-Plane is now?

GT182
April 25th, 2009, 12:50
I'll probably get shot for this Naismith.... but that's what I've been thinking it looks like. From what I understand.... and I could be totally wrong as I don't have it yet... XPlane is not up to the standards of FS's scenery yet. Tho some are working on it for improvements to catch up with FS.

n4gix
April 25th, 2009, 16:48
Shucks! I misread the post and thouight he said "fight..." :icon_lol:

gera
April 25th, 2009, 22:26
I hate to sound mean, but that screenshot at top reminds me of MSFS98, is that really where X-Plane is now?

Sorry but you are wrong...its getting better by the month...

A sample....hard to beat!!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/napoles.jpg

gera
April 25th, 2009, 22:29
I'll probably get shot for this Naismith.... but that's what I've been thinking it looks like. From what I understand.... and I could be totally wrong as I don't have it yet... XPlane is not up to the standards of FS's scenery yet. Tho some are working on it for improvements to catch up with FS.

Some scenery beats FSX hands down!!!! since you don't have to add addons on scenery.....its the cities and towns that need work, airports must be populated...but once you start with it you really enjoy it....I wonder what it will be in two years....

Sicily, Italia................

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/sicily.jpg

and..............Near Seattle..

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/seattle.jpg

Lionheart
April 26th, 2009, 10:15
I think the terrain in XP9 is far better then 'stock' FSX. Its far more realistic. No sand in the Alps, no golf courses on the sides of mountains. No patch work, quilt like appearences..

And it runs fine. :)

If only I could convert my planes to it.. :banghead:

GT182
April 27th, 2009, 16:31
Thanks for that Gera and Bill..... scenery does look quite nice. And looks like I'll get XPlane 9 one of these days..... gotta save my pennies tho.

gera
April 28th, 2009, 05:59
Thanks for that Gera and Bill..... scenery does look quite nice. And looks like I'll get XPlane 9 one of these days..... gotta save my pennies tho.

Hey Gary, thanks to you for taking your time to delve in this topic......am sure you will enjoy XP a lot since you like aviation so much. Itīs just a different experience than FSX thatīs all....I still like FSX more and probably will always but its nice to have another sim to change paces sometime......I made two new airports in the jungles on Panama last night in XP and am really content with the results.....pics coming soon...
Cheers, Amigo:ernae:

gera
April 28th, 2009, 06:02
I think the terrain in XP9 is far better then 'stock' FSX. Its far more realistic. No sand in the Alps, no golf courses on the sides of mountains. No patch work, quilt like appearences..

And it runs fine. :)

If only I could convert my planes to it.. :banghead:

I agree 100% with you Bill, am sure we will be seeing much better things in XP in the near future, have you seen the MU2 !!!!!! its incredible!!!!!...tip: go to X-Plane.it, the italian site and get many Italian airports which will really enrich your sim..............:applause:

Naismith
April 28th, 2009, 12:37
Have to admit, those later screenshots look better than the first which brought about m initial comment.
X-Plane seems to be the future now that MS have ditched MSFS. So in a couple of years perhaps X-plane 10 or 11, we will have to move across and learn to love it too. I used to have version 6.something, but hated the interface which was very DOS-like and was never very convinced of the claim that X aircraft were more correct than MS ones in flight model.

CG_1976
April 28th, 2009, 23:50
Gera, please keep making C.America scenery for XP:medals:. That area and the Caribbean is were I spend 75% of my flight time. Im only 2 weeks away from having my dedicated XP comp finished to match the spec of my dedicated Fs9 and FSX comp.

gera
April 29th, 2009, 06:51
Hi Naismith.....I bought XP-8 way back in 2006and never opened the box!!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol: then I tried the Version 9 and was hooked......it has changed a lot but it still has bugs, like most software does......They say version 10 in in the works and should be much better hope to see it before the end of the year......

Gary:..........Betcha!!!!! I finished the third airfield in Panamaīs Pacific coast lat nigth, so Iīll put together the package for upload....mind you, I have just started these scenery in XP so they are not so hot!!!!!!!...

I will finish the third episode of the "Guatemala small airfields" in FSX and then go on probably to South America somewhere.......there is a very large Lake region in Chile which is fascinating, they have tours from lake to lake that a friend has done three times and keeps going back!!!!!!....beautiful bush scenery.:kilroy:

CG_1976
April 29th, 2009, 12:53
Sounds Great Gera. Speaking C.America, im heading to Panama at the end of July for Vacation any good resorts you know of by chance?

gera
April 29th, 2009, 17:22
Sounds Great Gera. Speaking C.America, im heading to Panama at the end of July for Vacation any good resorts you know of by chance?

I'll post some links for you.....What you want, Beaches or Mountains???
Great places and great shopping here....Sorry I won't be here since we leave for Italy on July 22, our vacations too!!!!!:ernae:

CG_1976
April 29th, 2009, 23:44
Were planning to begin with mountains for 5 days then beach for 5 days. Italy especially the Torino area was a;ways my faverite area to visit, went there two years ago and for olympics.

gera
April 30th, 2009, 06:04
Were planning to begin with mountains for 5 days then beach for 5 days. Italy especially the Torino area was a;ways my faverite area to visit, went there two years ago and for olympics.

Ok...will send you some links to both, Geee, sorry I will not be here since it would have been great to know you personally and have you in my home for a good Panamenian/Italian dinner.......Coincidence!!!!!! My Mom was born very near Torino, just 54 Km from it in a tiny town called Sagliano Micca. We go to Italy every year and have the grandest of times, being my second country I enjoy every minute and since am a "talker" I make freinds there by the dozens...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:. ..besides the food and wine are "absolutly wonderful"...did you try "Polenta" in Torino???'.......ok, let me get those links. Iīll send you a place up in Boquete, in the mountains, where you will think you are "near paradise" and have incredible big strawberries and cream with a great cup of coffee....:running: