PDA

View Full Version : What a great day of flying!

SirBenn21
April 25th, 2009, 04:58
Today was a day of many firsts in my flying world.

I had planned to have my first flight in a Dacathlon. So yesterday after my lesson in the trusty old Cessna 172, I booked my flight.
Been excited for this very adventuress endeavour I was up early this morning with the family getting them out of bed. It was Anzac Day today in Oz and the family were eager to see the street parade. For you who don't know what Anzac day is? It's a day that Australia commemorates their soldiers and war veterans.
Anyway after that we headed off to the airport. It was a little early, but I wanted to go through some stuff relating to my previous days lesson. When arriving my flight instructor promptly invited me and my son for a flight as he was walking to his aeroplane. Been one not to let an opportunity slip I agreed not knowing we were actually going to be part of a C172 formation fly-over in another towns Anzac procession. How cool is that! Never flown in a formation before. Wish I had a video camera.

Well after landing I had a brief on the Dacathlon and up we went. All I can say is that she is really beautiful to fly. I found the handling excellent. And it was my first time doing aerobatics. The instructor gave me a demo on a loop and let me do the rest! Man it was excellent.
All I can say is that it was a GREAT day of flying. The flying bug has bitten hard today.
To celebrate a bit in my excitement, I made a little vid (not one of my strong points mind you)

Hope you enjoy. :jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbtM0nv0KI

kilo delta
April 25th, 2009, 05:55
Congrats SirBenn :ernae: Great vid. If you haven't already got it, I'd thoroughly recommend the Realair Scout/Decathlon pack for FSX.
I'd love to give aerobatics a go too. There's a display pilot with an Su-29 nearby that I'm gonna pester ;)

glennc
April 25th, 2009, 06:16
I enjoyed that - thanks for sharing.

Glenn

vstudios
April 25th, 2009, 06:47
looks like you had a blast :)

Lionheart
April 25th, 2009, 09:21
Awesome SirBenn!

What an awesome time that must have been.

:applause:

Bill

cheezyflier
April 25th, 2009, 10:17
i wish i could do cool stuff like that

good for you man, enjoy!:applause:

SirBenn21
April 25th, 2009, 14:00
Thanks guys.

Yip I do have the Real Air Scout Package. In fact thats what introduced me to it and sparked off my interest in the Dacathalon. I am just lucky that my flying school has one.

To cheezyflier: Don't give up hope dude.

GT182
April 25th, 2009, 16:22
Congrats on that SB. And acrobatics too.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif Now I know you're hooked for life. The only thing that could ruin a day like that is having to use that little white bag. And I know you didn't have too.

My first acrobatic ride was in a T-6 Texan..... And I can still see it in my sleep after 40 years. Even hanging upside down by the shoulder strap and not touching the seat. :d

JayKae
April 25th, 2009, 22:32
That was great, what were the framerates like ? *grins*

Boomer
April 25th, 2009, 22:51
Congrats!

Sounds like one of those days that you can help but think "life is good!".

Dimus
April 26th, 2009, 22:45
I hope some day I'll graduate to something a bit more exciting than the 152.

I can certainly share you excitement. Well Done! May more days like this come your way!

tigisfat
April 26th, 2009, 22:59
Cool thread, but isn't it in the wrong forum?

I enjoyed the video as well. You did a fine job handling a taildragger for the first time. I didn't fair so well on my first.