PDA

View Full Version : FSX port over throttle error:full burner

tigisfat
April 24th, 2009, 23:15
does anyone know how to fix this? You know, where once you go into burner you can never come back out unless you hit F1?

kilo delta
April 25th, 2009, 04:32
I think that this issue is a by-product of service pack 2 and relates to the model (?). I remember that the Alphasim F-104 had this problem too and a fix was made available.

tigisfat
April 25th, 2009, 10:50
The fix should only be a few lines in the .CFG. Someone's gotta know what is is.:icon29:

centuryseries
April 25th, 2009, 12:17
Try copying the F18 Afterburner section from the aircraft.cfg into your portover. Might be worth looking at the gauge that triggers the burner effects see if that is turning the burner on.

rdyoung
April 25th, 2009, 12:49
I came across this information (unknown source) that applies only to some aircraft:

If the aircraft in question has a gauge to engage the afterburner above a certain throttle setting, and another to trigger the effect (logo light for example) based on whether the AB is on or not, try this.

Remove the auto-afterburner gauge from the panel.cfg but retain the effect trigger gauge, then add this to the [TurbineEngineData] section of the aircraft.cfg: afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.80 (or 0.90)

The 'burner will come on above 80% throttle, and the effect gauge will kick in triggering the AB effect. This will only work with the Acceleration pack installed.

Rick

Mickey D
April 25th, 2009, 15:09
The fix should only be a few lines in the .CFG. Someone's gotta know what is is.:icon29:

Alternatively buy the FSX native version. :)

Lateral-G
April 25th, 2009, 15:41
does anyone know how to fix this? You know, where once you go into burner you can never come back out unless you hit F1?

The AS Flankers have this problem. So does the CS F-104. There's no fix that I know of. It's related to the model.

-G-

Wombat_VC
April 26th, 2009, 07:57
The Alphasim SAAB Gripen has exactly the same problem and it's not fixed.

rdyoung
April 26th, 2009, 12:47
The Alphasim SAAB Gripen has exactly the same problem and it's not fixed.

It can be alleviated if not totally fixed by following the tip I posted above. Specifically, I have made the following edits to the Gripen:

Gripen AB mods for FSX Acceleration --
in Panel.cfg, [Vcockpit01]

//gauge29=ALPHA_Gripen!autotoggle_AB, 0,0,10,10
gauge30=ALPHA_Gripen!burner_logo_toggle, 0,0,10,10

in Aircraft.cfg, [TurbineEngineData]

afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.90
//afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.00
reverser_available = 1 //Thrust reverser available?
//ThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 1.0
//AfterBurnThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 1.0

Mine works fine but I might have missed something here since it's been awhile. As always, backup original files first....

Rick

Wombat_VC
April 26th, 2009, 19:08
It can be alleviated if not totally fixed by following the tip I posted above. Specifically, I have made the following edits to the Gripen:
Rick

Great stuff, Rick. Thank you. I'll try it.