PDA

View Full Version : Default FSX photoscenery?

Alexraptor
April 23rd, 2009, 17:00
I did a little flying from Princess Juliana Int and when flying i felt it looked very very realistic and then it struck me that it probally was photoscenery.
So i went to google maps and sure enough, St Marteen is indeed covered in photoscenery by default!

Now i just want to know, how many other airports/areas are there in FSX that use actual photoscenery?

SolarEagle
April 23rd, 2009, 17:35
Rio de Janeiro has some, though Princess Juliana is much nicer as it was the showcase area, and the reason they used it for the demo.

If you have Acceleration installed Edwards AFB is photoscenery, as well as the city where the red bull races are done.

anthony31
April 24th, 2009, 17:46
Just having a look through the Scenery folder I think I've come up with only 4 areas of PR (Look in Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Cities). Rio (as Solareagle pointed out), St Maarten as you found yourself, Las Vegas (just the city centre by the looks of it) and Oshkosh (which looks like a straight port from FS9). FSX made changes to the way PR is handled from FS9 which may explain why all the PR areas in FS9 weren't ported over to FSX :( .

DaveKDEN
April 24th, 2009, 20:10
Acceleration adds Edwards AFB.

Bomber_12th
April 24th, 2009, 21:33
Acceleration also adds photoreal Reno/Stead airport scenery too.