PDA

View Full Version : AVSIM. Most days it has problems now....

Navy Chief
April 23rd, 2009, 15:05
What is the story with AVSIM? Almost every day now, it takes forever to access it; if it even comes up at all.....

Today, for instance, just the top icons/advertisements appear. That's it.

NC

I like Flightsim.com too, but downloads take forever. And I don't trust Simviation. Way too many popups, even with popup blocker active.

jmig
April 23rd, 2009, 15:16
I haven't tried to download anything chief. However, I have had no trouble accessing the site.

cheezyflier
April 23rd, 2009, 15:24
And I don't trust Simviation. Way too many popups, even with popup blocker active.

if you were using opera you wouldn't get the pop-ups. the only site i EVER get them from is IMDB.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 23rd, 2009, 15:41
Today Avsim is working on the File Server , we have two new Tech Managers and are taking care of business .

http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank.html<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Avsim is a busy site , according to the Google stats we are the world leader everywhere except Holland and New Zeeland and on some occasions are just getting hammered with traffic , as well lately there are a bunch of spam bots from Russia & China that are doing their best to raid bandwidth but they are being taken care of.

C Jodry , Managing Editor Avsim.com
<o:p></o:p>

DaveKDEN
April 23rd, 2009, 16:34
Seems SoH d/l's aren't working the past couple of days either.

GT182
April 23rd, 2009, 16:41
Chief, Avsim is working just fine from where I am.

Panther_99FS
April 23rd, 2009, 17:16
Seems SoH d/l's aren't working the past couple of days either.

Dave,
Everything isn't complete yet since the crash....

wombat666
April 23rd, 2009, 22:00
Never have any problems with Avsim.
Period.
And re the SoH downloads, the troops are working their butts off sorting out the server death.
It takes time.
:kilroy:

Barvan40
April 24th, 2009, 05:08
From their site:

AVSIM Library Offline Temporarily
http://avsim.com/images/common/sep_bar.gif
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 2:12
The AVSIM Library is temporarily offline. We had a system failure today and are working to bring the system back online. We expect the library to be back online sometime on Friday. It could be late afternoon or later, U.S. east coast time. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to fix the issues.

Navy Chief
April 24th, 2009, 07:53
Thank you all! And everything is working just fine now.

NC