PDA

View Full Version : Engine Temperature

Wildfowler
April 23rd, 2009, 13:21
I feel the one thing lacking in CFS3 and the many expansions for it is modelling of engine temp.
I for one in combat bat about at full throttle with no ill effect. In real life prolonged use of full throttle would cook your engine!

Is there any way engine temp can be modelled in CFS3. IL2 seem to have cracked it!

popsaka
April 23rd, 2009, 16:04
I don't believe there's that much of a call for it... ...prolly because A.I. can bop about w/ no fuel weight, no weapons or ammo weight!!
...I mean (sniff) it just wouldn't (sniff) (sniff) be fair an' an' that mean ol' A.I. would take "UNFAIR_ADVANTAGE" of the sitchy-ation!!!

But, on a more sober note, (no I'm not plastered) it COULD be modelled cause on some a/c if yer leave her in WEP too long ya wind up w/ about 40% of available umph missing....:wavey:

Wildfowler
April 23rd, 2009, 23:58
Yeah I had'nt thought about the AI!!!

Wyld45
April 24th, 2009, 10:39
Dont know about you guys, but I get plenty of "Temp-Change" after recieving even minor pings
from flak. You always know too, start hearing the "tik-tik-tik-tik" from the engines. You just
dont know how long you have. Theres been times I got a few more strafe-runs in before
the ol motors conked out. I could see though,"Full throttle x Minutes = Temp".