PDA

View Full Version : Invisible External Models? So lost...

Tim_Horton
April 23rd, 2009, 10:57
So, this has happened to me on free ware planes before, but this is the first on the Brand new FSX only 500D Nemeth type.

VC is fine I see all that, but external Model is Completely Invisible except seats people and props.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/497/20094723415362.png

Got Brand new Nvidia Drivers using a Zotac 9500gt- also reverted back to 179 drivers. no luck

XP pro
Quad Core
3gigs ram
9500gt
2.39ghz processor

FSX SP2 Acceleration installed
UT canada
REX

Any help is good.

Bloom is off.
Tried setting anti-aliasing, anstropic- in game and forced through video card. A few other craft started doing the same. Also the 206 heli started this but fixed that with removing aircraft shadows.

I suspect it is something to do with my Graphics card, but not sure what, Nvidia is little help and Nhancer changed nothing.

Prowler1111
April 23rd, 2009, 11:12
Well, if it´s a port over, it means you´re missing a texture map in the assigned texture folder..FSX natives will show a completely black model if a map is missing, but i wouldn´t rule it out.Also, are you using DX10?
Prowler

Henry
April 23rd, 2009, 11:18
You just changed drivers?
try going back to your older ones
and see
H

Snuffy
April 23rd, 2009, 11:18
WOW!!! That new stealth technology for helicopters sure is more advanced than for the fighters and bombers!!

Tim_Horton
April 23rd, 2009, 12:07
The helicopter is the new Nemeth 500D, and the other Helicopters and planes doing the same thing are Free ware FSX true models. Also have another FSX only heli doing this.

DX10 is not available in XP

and I went back to 179 drivers and no difference

Nemeth forums are pretty useless, one guy said putting in the fresnel ramps and textures would do it, but to no avail. I tried going through dxtbmp and changing the formatting, removed specular and others, but no combination works.

Its odd that it would show internals like VC, and seats and people, but not the External Textures. SO I tried the same formatting on the Textures on the outside as the inside, no luck.

Delta Whiskey, who is currently building the FSN carrier in which I am doing the Textures, has a 296 Heli over at Hover control, and it does the exact same thing. Cannot come to a conclustion between the both of us.

That and this seems to be a rare example and very few people have posted such issues.

Henry
April 23rd, 2009, 12:20
It seems a bit rash changing textures
especially on more than one aircraft
i have had the same problem but only temporarily

you did state that you had new drivers
how do you install and change them?
do you use card cleaner software?
just a thought
H

djscoo
April 23rd, 2009, 12:22
I think Accel. contains sp1 as well, but I had the same problem and installing sp1 solved it. You should make sure you have sp1 installed.

N332DW
April 23rd, 2009, 13:13
a Vista user I know experienced this same problem with my native Hughes 296C as well as ported payware.
the fix we worked out for him was to disable DX10 preview and change display filtering from Bi-linear to Antisropic with anti-aliasing.
... at least thats what worked for him. not sure if it's one , both or the fact that he toggled filtering settings in FSX

goodluck

Tim_Horton
April 23rd, 2009, 13:54
well, I uninstall my drivers on xp, then restart to safe mode, and run driver cleaner pro from guru.3d. then I install the new drivers.

I have SP1 installed for the SDK on acceleration, but I could check it again, try a re-install as it may have gotten corrupted.

just repaired them no difference.

Also that v-44 Vertol the "flying banana" look fine in the selection window you can pan around it no problem But when you open it up in game it also goes invisible! so odd.... so very very odd.

sblzei
April 24th, 2009, 09:17
I know, it's a different case, but I had more or less the same effect with portovers in DX10. Some aircraft showed only portions uf the structure, while most parts were transparent. I converted the textures to DXT1 (with alpha) or DX3 with "DXT1 Bitmap Manipulator" (save as ....) and the problem disappeared.
A different story is with some aicraft showing only the raw, untextured model: no matter how I tried to convert the textures in extended bitmaps, they refuse to show up. In some cases the VC has regular textures, in some other doesn't.
I gave up, and when I want to fly these, I revert to DX9, although DX10 runs smoother (i.e. no stuttering in banks).

Anybody with a simple solution? :kilroy:

Lionheart
April 24th, 2009, 09:32
Normally, if you purchase a new FSX plane, and it has all the proper 'pure' FSX formats, dual models, etc, and you get the invisible or semi-transparent exterior texture, this means you do not have the SP1 FSX Service Pack installed.

If you recently reloaded FSX, go to FSInsider.com and download the SP1 pack and install that and you should be fine.

If you have, however, then I have no idea what is doing that. But 99.9% of the time, its SP1 being required.

Tim_Horton
April 24th, 2009, 11:57
tis so odd, I have Sp1a and sp2 installed, acceleration and the SDK is working no problem but what the heck, anything is worth a try!