PDA

View Full Version : New 185 Nvidia Drivers and.....

gera
April 22nd, 2009, 08:14
Nvidia has new drivers with some "chick" tech ((Hardware Bloom???)....check here

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ambientocclusion_home.html

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=253290

also with these drivers you can use the new Nhancer and you must have .NET 3.5 for it to work with these drivers

The new Beta Nhancer is for both 32 and 64 bit....Note Itīs Beta!!!!

x32 http://www.nhancer.com/downloads/nHancer32_2.5.0_B2_Setup.exe

x64 http://www.nhancer.com/downloads/nHancer64_2.5.0_B2_Setup.exe

I downloaded these late last night and have not tried them but for the reference on the driver it seems to be quite "magical".....will load it up tonight and report......if any are already using them lets us know whatīs Up!!!!!
:monkies:

Henry
April 22nd, 2009, 11:43
Only for the latest cards
i have an 8500
no go
thanks for the HU though
H

hey_moe
April 22nd, 2009, 13:08
The 185 series work fine and they also work fine with the new nhancer too

Bjoern
April 22nd, 2009, 15:30
The 185s blow big time - from the 185.20 WHQL to the 185.68 Beta. Freezes and low performance.

Went back to the 182.08 WHQL.

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 15:35
I don't touch Beta drivers with a ten foot pole anymore because they are ......dare i say......BETA?
BETA = Bugs galore!

Bjoern
April 22nd, 2009, 15:45
BETA = Bugs galore!

Never had much trouble with beta drivers, with the exception of NVidia's 185.68 one.

And even if Betas aren't working properly, they're uninstalled, cleaned and replaced within ten minutes. No big deal at all.

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 16:24
Big deal when you have tons of game profiles that need to be reconfigured again :P

SolarEagle
April 22nd, 2009, 18:48
Can't say I've ever had any issues with Beta drivers. In fact if you want the optimizations/enhancements for any newly released games you have to grab the beta driver, which Nvidia expects most people to do.

Nvidia considers any driver that's not WHQL certified a beta, but the difference between beta drivers and WHQL drivers is in most cases only the WHQL label. What may be a beta revision today may be WHQL tomorrow, so I've never understood the fear with beta drivers, as there's a good chance the beta release is exactly the same one submitted to MS for certification. Plus in my experience WHQL drivers are no less likely to have bugs than beta drivers, as beta drivers are often released to fix bugs in the WHQL driver!

guzler
April 23rd, 2009, 01:01
I can't be bothered with updating drivers any more !

With all the promises of extra performance, I can never see any improvement and in one case, my computer started doing strange things until I installed a new driver, so now I am sticking with what I have.

hinch
April 23rd, 2009, 01:10
Tried these drivers and nHancer but couldn't get AA in FSX back, it kept telling me I couldn't modify the nVidia profile for this game. Far Cry 2 looked good though.

I've updated from 180.something to 182.something though and I'm getting about 15% higher framerate under 16xS AA and nHancer 2.4.5

Cazzie
April 23rd, 2009, 04:33
As Henry says, it specifically says the 185 drivers are for 9 series and up.

I have the 182.50 drivers for Vista 64-bit and they are delicious as Hinch says. I use to get banding in sky textures with all older drivers until now. After I installed the 182.50 drivers and latest DX10 Runtime, my skies have beautiful and perfect blending.

Caz

noddy
April 23rd, 2009, 04:58
Hopefully they will not stop the support on the 8 series cards, plenty of life in them.

gera
April 23rd, 2009, 06:41
Installed the Beta Nvidia 185.68 driver to control de Nvidia 9800GTX+ with no ill effects whatsoever. Flew around all kinds or areas, cities (N.Y, Los Angeles, Paris, Rome, and Seattle) noticing that the fps stayed to a swinging 22-28 FPS, mountains ( The alps, Everest and the Andes) really no great change. Absolutly No Stutters anywhere--this I liked a lot--.
Also added the new Beta Nhanser finding it almost the same as the previous one........

Bjoern
April 23rd, 2009, 06:49
Big deal when you have tons of game profiles that need to be reconfigured again :P

No big deal with NHancer. ;P

Tried these drivers and nHancer but couldn't get AA in FSX back, it kept telling me I couldn't modify the nVidia profile for this game. Far Cry 2 looked good though.

NHancer 2.4.5 isn't compatible with 185s. You'll need NHancer 2.5.0 Beta 3, but this one works with 185s *only*.

Hopefully they will not stop the support on the 8 series cards, plenty of life in them.

In FSX, yes. But unless you have a GTX/Ultra, the 8s are slowly losing ground in more recent games.

hinch
April 23rd, 2009, 12:34
NHancer 2.4.5 isn't compatible with 185s. You'll need NHancer 2.5.0 Beta 3, but this one works with 185s *only*.

Yeah that's what I used, nHancer 2.5 beta said it couldn't update the profile so I'm back using 2.4.5

I'll wait a while, see if anything pops up with a fix for my AA issue.

Quixoticish
April 23rd, 2009, 15:15
No Anti-aliasing for me with the 185's when forced through control panel, it can only be enabled through the sim. Will have to wait to see if a fix pops up.