PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced FSX textures?

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 02:45
Well sometimes in some games people tend to create texture replacement mods/addons for all default objects and stuff, and i know there are texture replacements for ground scenery such as GEX(a fine product btw)

But i was wondering... are there any ultra hi-res texture replacements for the default FSX aircraft? say 2048 or 4096 size? And then i mean replacement textures, not repaints.

rwmarth
April 22nd, 2009, 10:25
There were some 2048 for the WOP fw190 for fs9 (just about perfect in FSX actually - sans DX10) by ICDP I think.... For default planes, Orbx has a bell 206 HD repaint done for it.

SolarEagle
April 22nd, 2009, 11:00
Gizmo does 4096 textures for the defaults, and not just textures but 4096 bump maps, reworked speculars, and hi-res VC's as well. The default Bell 206 has been completed, and the Goose is currently being worked on.

Here's a link to the Bell 206 package, which includes 6 HD paints as well as a new rotor wash effect.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=338

Here's the upcomming Goose.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/160873/Goose_HD_Promo_4.jpg

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 11:19
Well... what im looking for is enhanced versions of the stock paints and textures, not all new repaints.

Henry
April 22nd, 2009, 11:30
That goose looks good enough to eat:applause::applause:
worth waiting for
H

Gizmo
April 22nd, 2009, 13:22
That goose looks good enough to eat:applause::applause:
worth waiting for
H

Why thanks for the kind words ;)

I will create a deicated thread for this Gosse mod here once we've nail down a few more schemes,this HD Redux package will build on what we did with the HD Bell 206 one of the main upgrades is that this package will also be featuring a vastly improved flightmodel which is being beavered away by Warchild/Pam this is hard to show in SS but let me say even at the beta stage its sooooooooo much nicer than the default FM which feels like a brick in comparison

As SolarEagle has already stated (thx for the pimp btw ;) ) this package will also feature a reworked HD VC (including a re-lit night version),the Bell VC was kinda a last minute thing and was thrown together within a week but the Goose VC has been part of the package from the go get and is getting as much work as the exterior,its one of the reasons that this package is taking so long as all the little details seem to take way to much time to find and rework :(

I might get my ass kicked for this but what the hell ;) here a VC WIP for you guys

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/160873/VC_12.jpg

Laters
Gizmo

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 13:26
Nice!
So are these entirely new HD paints or are they HD paints to replace the stock FSX ones?

CG_1976
April 22nd, 2009, 13:29
Gizmo will there be a USCG goose like this please.

Gizmo
April 22nd, 2009, 13:50
Nice!
So are these entirely new HD paints or are they HD paints to replace the stock FSX ones?

Atm all the scheme bar one will be brand new,as with the bell 206 project thought there has been talk of an expansions which may or may not feature a lot (if not all of the default scheme's)we really want to get the main package out first but once all that ground work is in place then adding colour schemes doesnt really take that long

@Trans_1007 USCG scheme is pretty straight forward i'll add that to the expansion list just for you ;)

Cheers
Steve AKA Gizmo

Alexraptor
April 22nd, 2009, 13:54
Then i look forward it.
Because what i really want to be able to do eventually is just fire up FSX and pick any aircraft without having to look for an HD one when i want to fly lol.

Bjoern
April 22nd, 2009, 15:33
Can't wait for HD textures for the default CRJ. :d

foreigndevil
April 23rd, 2009, 00:50
What a great Goose!:applause::applause::applause: Looking forward to that one!