PDA

View Full Version : Winter Trees

Ravenna
October 13th, 2008, 21:26
Does anyone know of one or more snow covered trees to use in the MB? I know of several fir/ pine trees in Lindsay Watt's package, but they are all green.
Thanks,
M

Buddha13
October 14th, 2008, 11:23
Hi all,
The only winter package I definatly know of is the one that comes with the Combat Aces package.
Stiz may have done winter scenery,But not sure of that.

Buddha13

Jaxon
October 14th, 2008, 11:36
Ravenna, you "only" need to use other textures for that.

bearcat241
October 14th, 2008, 11:51
Ravenna, you "only" need to use other textures for that.

Which takes us back to the original question Jax: Where are they to be found, besides the payware Combat Aces package mentioned?

Here's a thought...get Gerrish Grey's "Gerrish's Trees Library for FS2000/2 Release 3" and install them as INF objects in the SCENEDB\INF folder. Make simple dp's for them from existing stock tree dp's to put in the OBJECTS_DP folder. Now you have custom seasonal trees for MB installation.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=scenery&file=trees_v3.zip

Jaxon
October 14th, 2008, 12:41
And that is what I don`t like.

In my opinion it is easier to paint winter textures for existing trees - So you can use the same scenery in different theatres - just in other clothes.

That does not mean, your way does not work.

bearcat241
October 14th, 2008, 15:17
In my opinion it is easier to paint winter textures for existing trees - So you can use the same scenery in different theatres - just in other clothes.

Have you tried Grey's trees Jaxon? Their already painted... in five seasons, not four...lol...winter, hard winter, spring, summer and fall. Plus, they're European type trees, unlike the exisiting trees in stock CFS2 or the other add-ons available.

Ravenna
October 14th, 2008, 18:03
Hmmm....maybe Sully would like to put his considerable skills into texturing some of Lindsay Watts' European trees:d. I've looked into the Combat Aces CD but I can't find ObjectDP files from CA for winter trees.
The Gerrish Gray trees ring a bell. Wasn't there a set for different seasons put out for CFS2?
Thanks for the input guys!