PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Damage Smoke Trails

O-1Driver
April 21st, 2009, 06:19
Out for testing is a new ETO Effects XML that contains new longer lasting damage effects for aircraft. This new effects XML will provide longer lasting smoketrails to damaged and destroyed aircraft.

When an aircraft is blown apart the pieces will corkscrew down leaving twisted smoke trails.

The engine fires now leave a longer and more pronounced smoke trail that you can follow as the aircraft heads down even thru and overcast.

As we do the testing we will refine the effects to get them as historically accurate as possible for you. The fuel and light oil leaks will dissapate more rapidly than the black and dark gray engine and airframe fire smoke.

During a big aerial fight you will now see lingering smoke trails from damaged aircraft hanging in the air.

O-1

loverboy1
April 21st, 2009, 08:06
wow cant wait more real time real meaning in the stakes of the air war and battles unfold

:monkies:

when and how will this be released

O-1Driver
April 21st, 2009, 10:44
wow cant wait more real time real meaning in the stakes of the air war and battles unfold

:monkies:

when and how will this be released

Joshua,

I will release it along with a BOB high altitude mission pack here on SOH. The pack will include the new effects along with two new high overcast weather files and two missions. You will be dogfighting and intercepting German bombers high over England and the Channel. It will be set up with a lot of spawned aircraft engaged and you will be arriving to the "party" late in one of the missions and get to see the swirling smoke from the aerial duel.

O-1

Grumpy123
April 21st, 2009, 10:55
Oooh this is gonna be good.

O-1Driver
April 21st, 2009, 18:27
Joshua,

You have mail with an Alpha test copy of the new effects to fly. Get back to Grizzly with your findings please,

Thanks and

Best Regards,

O-1

Squiffy
April 24th, 2009, 16:46
O-1, this sounds great. I have noticed a green hue to my engine startup effects now. Any chance this might have been effected by weather fog colors or ETO effects? I guess it's in Korea that I see it now, so I better check against my ETO install. WHo knows what I may have screwed up?

Cheers!

:ernae:

loverboy1
April 24th, 2009, 17:30
these really make a difference . smoke trials and blast velocity and all.....cant wait for the full release and all

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

joshua

:applause:

pachi
April 24th, 2009, 19:38
sounds awesome can't wait :ernae::jump: