PDA

View Full Version : Type VII underway...

Tango_Romeo
October 13th, 2008, 20:25
Sully has gotten restless and is agitating for German and Japanese subs on which to work his player conversions. I can't stand his constant harping, so there's a German Type VII in progress, which will be followed by a Japanese Type B. :costumes:

The Type VII will have an AI and a Player version, which will submerge on command and have deck guns that will rotate to the broadside position. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
October 13th, 2008, 20:35
For the Japanese boat I was thinking about a K5 or K7 (one of the ROs), or maybe a Sentaka because there are several of the Bs already out there. :ernae:

Good_2_Be
October 13th, 2008, 20:35
Nice looking work TR :applause:

Pips
October 13th, 2008, 20:56
Looking brilliant! :)

Ravenna
October 13th, 2008, 21:30
Looking good TR. Maybe you should make a cargo vessel which spawns lifeboats when sunk!:costumes:

Tango_Romeo
October 13th, 2008, 22:06
...and jeep carrier jocks can have fun with the VIIs, which infested the east coast of the US early in the war. Many formed the dreaded wolf packs on the convoy routes in the Atlantic and the Med.

And if you feel like playing Das Boot you can captain the player version. :kilroy:

Sully, I need textures. You're my goto guy for the U-47 or similar skin. Dig in. :wavey:

OBIO
October 13th, 2008, 22:14
Tango

A question on the deck gun, will it rotate to both sides or just one? Here's what I'm thinking...if you can set it up so the gun can be rotated to either side, then the player can pull up on either side of a ship and fire away with the deck gun....have port set to trigger 1 and starboard set to trigger 2. Or if getting the deck gun to rotate to a selected side, then trigger 1 could be for firing forward and trigger 2 could be for firing broadside.

OBIO

Tango_Romeo
October 13th, 2008, 22:31
[quote=OBIO;13425]Tango

A question on the deck gun, will it rotate to both sides or just one? Here's what I'm thinking...if you can set it up so the gun can be rotated to either side, then the player can pull up on either side of a ship and fire away with the deck gun....have port set to trigger 1 and starboard set to trigger 2. Or if getting the deck gun to rotate to a selected side, then trigger 1 could be for firing forward and trigger 2 could be for firing broadside.

OBIO[/quote

... it will only be one side. I don't think that I can assign multiple-animations to a single part like the guns. And I think Sully has the broadside sight setup for the starboard side. :banghead:

She'll have the 88 on the foredeck and the 20mm on the aft conning tower platform like the A & B models.

I hope to have the AI version ready and posted by the end of the week, so that Sully can start on the Panel, AIR and CFG for the player. The shape needs some final touches on part positioning and I need to add the saddle tanks, bow ram, rails and antenna. Then I can throw on some paint. :isadizzy:

miamieagle
October 14th, 2008, 07:49
Super cool TR. Iäm anxiestly looking forward to its release!

Collin
October 14th, 2008, 08:54
Oh gawd....its Karl Doenitz masquerading as Tango Romeo.:costumes:

regards Collin:ernae:

Tango_Romeo
October 14th, 2008, 18:55
Oh gawd....its Karl Doenitz masquerading as Tango Romeo.:costumes:

....GROSS ADMIRAL Doenitz if you please! :costumes:

Tango_Romeo
October 14th, 2008, 18:58
....quite nicely.....and I'm going as fast as I can with my schedule being a bit tight this week. :running:

Tango_Romeo
October 15th, 2008, 16:49
....a bit at a time. :kilroy:

dvslats
October 15th, 2008, 17:04
Damn TR, that's looking nice. :medals:

Tango_Romeo
October 15th, 2008, 23:57
Well, the model is finished and now the tough part...textures and testing. :running:

Tango_Romeo
October 16th, 2008, 02:17
....still a bit high in the water, but her first successful voyage. DP and textures working up. :d

And she's already being stalked by those pesky blimps....the paint's not just wet, Gang, there isn't even any paint yet.....Give us a break! :banghead:

Jaxon
October 16th, 2008, 03:14
A decent model of these ships was overdue!

Looks very nice to me!

Tango_Romeo
October 16th, 2008, 03:35
I think I like her now. :costumes:

Who likes the 9th Flotilla (Swordfish) verses the 11th Flotilla (Polar Bear)?

Skipsan
October 16th, 2008, 04:04
BZ:applause: Very well done:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Skipsan:kilroy:

Tango_Romeo
October 16th, 2008, 08:04
....texture testing underway......gotta stop for the day....and painting ain't one of my skill sets anyway. :ernae:

Collin
October 16th, 2008, 11:23
Nice work Tom.

Remember that cfs2 places the ship wave effects above sea level.

Remember the lessons in poly control and groups? You can improve the decking by using the group instructions.

Tango_Romeo
October 17th, 2008, 10:57
...examining each and every polygon, killing many along the way! I am a polycidal maniac. :icon31:

Textures are a long way from being acceptable, and my standards remain incredibly low. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to do my own (Ugh....I won't even help my wife paint the woodwork). :banghead:

Beside polygon grouping there are several structural mods I need to make to facilitate texturing....including joining the individual deck parts into one. And I forgot the mandatory jackstaff on the AA platform rail. :ernae:
Now I will move on to the crew figures with beards, stained uniforms and severe body odor! These being a peace offering to the rivet-counters, displaced diorama-builders and that new class of ever-present critic....the olfactory sniffers. :costumes::costumes::costumes:

Tango_Romeo
October 17th, 2008, 11:00
Remember that cfs2 places the ship wave effects above sea level.

....and uses my new submarine wake effect! She's a stealthy little vixen! :costumes:

PSULLYKEYS
October 17th, 2008, 11:39
Darn, go away to make some money that I can lose in my retirement fund, and you've been at it again TR!!!! Nice job, :ernae:now those painters, where did they go? A type VII eh......(sorry... BAD Canadian influence)
The most important question, do I have enuf :guinness::guinness:?

Tango_Romeo
October 18th, 2008, 02:21
Finally finished the Type VII! Get her uploaded this morning. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
October 18th, 2008, 02:26
...and, given my limited texture capability, don't look too bad. :wavey:

Just posted the upload. :kilroy:

Sully will be working-up the 'player' version shortly......now we need a Japanese I Boat. :ernae: