PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim Nation - Alpha Carrier Teaser Video

FSN
April 20th, 2009, 09:56
Hi fellas, The last few weeks we've been working on getting our new Carrier ready and we're proud to release a first glimpse of it.This has been built from the ground up and is designed for online multiplayer use.
Some of the features include...
* Built from scratch model, custom paint and textures and all new audio.
* New Big Boss VC with extensive ATC capability (not shown in this video) LSO View, Cable Cam View, Hanger Deck View and Fan Tail View.
* User controlled animated elevator.
* User controlled animated thrust deflectors on all catapults.
* User controlled animated anchor that will keep the ship stopped (not shown in this video)
* User controlled meatball that is operated by your joystick and uses our own tracking system to get accurate info to the incoming aircraft.
* Hardened hanger deck with plenty of parking and is well lit.
* New lighting package, includes low and high intensity options.
* Improved stability and dynamics. No more falling off the ship very easily during turns but kept realistic...it will heel over in a tight turn.
* Improved VFX package to keep visual fx flicker to a minimum during throttle off.
* Animated flags and pennants and lots of little details.
* All working in multiplayer...viewable by all players.
You can check out the low res you video below and also download a higher res version here (http://flightsimnation.net/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;id=8)

http://www.simteevee.com/watch.php?mdid=1076&t=Flight+Sim+Nation+-+Alpha+Carrier+Teaser</EMBED>

tigisfat
April 20th, 2009, 10:04
holy mother of god....

Bone
April 20th, 2009, 10:13
Here's to the "USS Flight Sim Nation". Cheers :ernae:.

Navy Chief
April 20th, 2009, 10:28
In a word, "awesome"! I have been waiting for a carrier with a hardened hangar deck, with working
elevators!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your efforts!

GO NAVAIR.

NC

Gdavis101
April 20th, 2009, 10:45
Sweet! Looks fantastic! Thank you.:wiggle:

Shylock
April 20th, 2009, 11:05
You sir are my new best friend lol. We have been for some time trying to get a fully working carrier that can be used in Multi-player for carrier ops. What we found was we can spawn a carrier that if other players have can see and use. Our problem that we found was these carriers did not have working Cats or working meatball which rendered them useless.

Kudos and great job on this. I will be counting the days until the release. If you don't mind FSN im going to copy and paste this into the teams forums and help ya out spreading the word. Almost all of our members there have been waiting for this.

Prowler1111
April 20th, 2009, 11:07
You sir are my new best friend

I thought i was your BFF!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Awesome job dudes!

Prowler

FSN
April 20th, 2009, 11:30
Hey guys, thanks for the support. Just to be clear on a few things. The Elevator is animated for now, it doesn't transport you between decks yet and we're not even sure it can be done in a multiplayer enviroment but we're working on it. Cats also don't work in MP but we're looking into getting a 3rd party app in there that will get them working. If these features aren't in place when we release, they will hopefully appear in future updates. This project has grown into something very cool and the potential for it is big so I'm considering throwing some financing into it to get those features we all want.

Thanks again for the comments and support, we'll keep ya up to date on how things are going.

EgoR64
April 20th, 2009, 13:18
:ernae::applause::ernae:

Very nice Indeed !!

Would be cool to bring up the reserves from below !!

Many Cheers !!

BOOM
April 20th, 2009, 13:18
Finally,a suitable home for my Tomcat!

FSN
April 22nd, 2009, 06:15
Finally,a suitable home for my Tomcat!

Perfect for the Tomcat!

Tim_Horton
April 23rd, 2009, 10:22
Here I am Tim_Horton

at FSN I am Crazieman

Currently the guy shaping up the textures and let me tell you, this boat is too much fun! Personally its hilarious to watch people try and land when you got the boat in a full turn, deck pitching, and some how they still make it! haha

Well plenty to do on the textures and daylight is burning! Cheers:wavey:

FSN
April 23rd, 2009, 20:53
The latest build is looking pretty sexy Crazie...

Seaking055
April 24th, 2009, 02:01
Ok you got my attention !!!!!!!!!!!! she looks the bees knees. Nice work !

FSN
May 3rd, 2009, 21:03
Ok you got my attention !!!!!!!!!!!! she looks the bees knees. Nice work !

Glad ya like it, it's getting closer....