PDA

View Full Version : PMDG MD-11 Pricing is up....*GULP*

Ark
October 13th, 2008, 17:57
FSX - 59 Euros
Combo (FSX + FS9) - 89 Euros (FS9 version to be released later this year)

USD Conversion:

FSX - $81.00
Combo - $122.00

*EDIT* It's EUROs instead of Pounds. I fail at foriegn currency. lol

N2056
October 13th, 2008, 17:59
:costumes:

Panther_99FS
October 13th, 2008, 18:05
I'm not into jet heavies...

But your conversion is correct...:cost1:

N2056
October 13th, 2008, 18:28
Hey...mine too! :costumes:
I wouldn't spend that much on a plane in a good economy!
I'm sure it's an awesome plane, but jeez...:173go1:

Sean Doran
October 13th, 2008, 18:29
I was really looking forward to this one and doing some repaints for it, but at these prices its out of my range.

:banghead::banghead:

Prowler1111
October 13th, 2008, 18:32
OUCH!!
...seriously..ouch!!..

Prowler

icarus
October 13th, 2008, 18:56

SirBenn21
October 13th, 2008, 19:04
I was going to get this one, but $115 AUD is just over the top for me. I hope they know what they are doing considering the economic turmoil the world is in. People are starting to be a little careful with their money. And with Chrismas comming up.
Anyway, good luck to them. Hopefully they will sell what they were expecting.

Ben

Panther_99FS
October 13th, 2008, 19:10
Hopefully they will sell what they were expecting.

Ben

They will.

From a $$$ perspective, tubeliners are a good sell......

MudMarine
October 13th, 2008, 19:41
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

FAC257
October 13th, 2008, 19:58
This is a somewhat older poll from over at CS but I was kind of surprised at which aircraft of the bunch got the most votes.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1149909735

All in all the tubeys had a good showing.

CodyValkyrie
October 13th, 2008, 20:01
To be honest, even though I do enjoy tubeliners, I cannot understand the absolute fetish with them. I know tons of guys who love doing long hauls (8+ hours). What the heck?

MudMarine
October 13th, 2008, 20:23
This is a somewhat older poll from over at CS but I was kind of surprised at which aircraft of the bunch got the most votes.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1149909735

All in all the tubeys had a good showing.

Only thing that proves is what poor taste some people have!:costumes: Sorry, I'm a bad person!

CodyValkyrie
October 13th, 2008, 20:25
Only thing that proves is what poor taste some people have!:costumes: Sorry, I'm a bad person!

You would know, you joined the Marines...

(USAF vet here :wiggle:)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Cheers!

wombat666
October 13th, 2008, 22:37
?????????????????
:banghead:
The only variation of B737 'family' that is underdone would be the -100 and -200 versions.
WTF would another set of the rest do, PMDG and WILCO have them well covered.
Anyway, I voted for a C17, a neglected aeroplane which would be a cracker if it was turned out as well as their Herc.
:applause:

FAC257
October 14th, 2008, 01:04
It was a toss up for me between the C-17 and the C-5. I'd love to see a CS quailty version of either one. I ended up voting for the C-5 only because it was bigger. :)

jmig
October 14th, 2008, 03:23
To be honest, even though I do enjoy tubeliners, I cannot understand the absolute fetish with them. I know tons of guys who love doing long hauls (8+ hours). What the heck?

I don't know how they will get 8 hours of continuous run time from FSX. I get maybe an hour before CDT or freezing.

Last night, I had a flight scheduled from Jim's NAS Meridian to Shaw, AFB. I spent 30 mins in line waiting to take off. Just when the F-16 in front of me takes off and I get ready to pull up to number 1, some T-45 student pilot retard pulls off the runway and taxied nose to nose from me.

That ticked me off. I managed to pull around him. In the ensueing wait I had forgotten my call sign and thought I heard tower clear me to T/O. So, I did.

That ticked off FSX control. :costumes: and they terminated IFR. Oh well, much quieter now. No sooner had I settled down for a nice 40-50 minute flight when faster than the eye can blink. I was staring at the desktop. FSX had gone poof!

Ah, such is the life of a FSX pilot. :banghead:

MudMarine
October 14th, 2008, 03:30
You would know, you joined the Marines...

(USAF vet here :wiggle:)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Cheers!

Ya, please forgive me for joining the mens club who kill the enemies of our great nation; not the civilains in a military type uniform club! Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'm a bad person!:costumes:

PS We've been defending our nation for over two hundred and thirty years. How long has the Air Force been doing it? 50 long years or so.........? Really, all joking aside I SELDOM poke fun at other branches becuase all veterans are great people! God Bless

cheezyflier
October 14th, 2008, 06:03
i've done a few la to tokyo flights and new york to paris in the default 747 just because, but it's not my regular thing. even then, i will step away sometimes to do other stuff and listen for atc when they call.

FAC257
October 14th, 2008, 06:34
I don't know how they will get 8 hours of continuous run time from FSX. I get maybe an hour before CDT or freezing.

I'll come out of the flying closet, I'm definitly a long hauler. Got many entries in my logbook of 10+ plus flights all flown in real time. Did a 10er and a 12er over the weekend.

8 hours is a short jaunt hardly worth cranking the sim up for. :d

CodyValkyrie
October 14th, 2008, 07:51
Ya, please forgive me for joining the mens club who kill the enemies of our great nation; not the civilains in a military type uniform club! Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'm a bad person!:costumes:
Hey, I resemble that remark. I enjoy my veil and send the officers to fight :D

PS We've been defending our nation for over two hundred and thirty years. How long has the Air Force been doing it? 50 long years or so.........? 2 words. Atomic bomb.

Really, all joking aside I SELDOM poke fun at other branches becuase all veterans are great people! God BlessAgreed! I have some wonderful friends overseas currently, INCLUDING Marines. God bless em all!

Bjoern
October 14th, 2008, 08:18
Marines...Air Force...sheeeesh!

Army is the way to go! :costumes:

No comment on PMDG's pricing policy.