PDA

View Full Version : Dog attack

luckydog
October 13th, 2008, 16:51

My 1 year old grandson was attacked by a pitt/lab mix late this afternoon....pretty bad facial lacerations....just missed his eyes.
Should be coming out of surgery soon.

Wish the little guy luck..OK?

Dain Arns
October 13th, 2008, 16:53
I'd like to pray for him, if that is okay with you. :kilroy:

hey_moe
October 13th, 2008, 16:55
I am praying for a quick recovery....I would get a lawyer too...hope it's not yours.

Panther_99FS
October 13th, 2008, 17:32
:frown:...

Allen
October 13th, 2008, 18:03
Pitts... You'd think they would make owners have a license just for that kind of dog.

A lawyer may be of no use as 99.9% of Insurance's won't cover Pitt's. An the owner may never give a dime.

How sad.

cheezyflier
October 13th, 2008, 18:07
luckydog, my family will pray for your boy every night untill we know he is ok.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
allen, pitts are good dogs, but like any dog, a bad owner makes them dangerous.

mike_cyul
October 13th, 2008, 18:08
Man, that's a terrible thing to happen. People just don't get it, do they? Best of luck, and get well soon.

Mike

NCGent
October 13th, 2008, 18:12
May GOD be with you little guy

lifejogger
October 13th, 2008, 18:14
We are praying for you and your grandson.

Navy Chief
October 13th, 2008, 18:31
So, so sorry to hear about this. I pray your grandson totally recovers....

NC

Allen
October 13th, 2008, 19:34
allen, pitts are good dogs, but like any dog, a bad owner makes them dangerous.

I'm NOT say Pitts should be banned like most say. I'M saying that Pitt owners should have to get have a license to prove to the state *In the USA* that they can be good owners of a Pitt.

No dog reputation of mauling people with out doing it alot. I know there are lot of types of Pit Bulls out there but, the kind that redneck keep on big chain in there yard to keep people way from there meth labs in the back yard NEED to be licensed OWNER and DOG.

I had the 2st most dangerous dog a Rottweiler growing up the poor dog was dum as a box of rocks. You'd step on his foot and he cry and climb in to you lap. He ended up eating a rock and died. Yes he eat a rock we tried to save him but he died. We still have that rock that killed him and hate the vet that put him back together wrong.

NSS
October 14th, 2008, 00:59
Praying for your grandson. Have seen only to well what could have been.

demorier
October 14th, 2008, 01:45
Not much labrador there. In australia pit bulls are on the banned breed list these days. An attack like that would be an automatic destruction of the dog and a heavy duty fine for the owner if the dog was running loose outside the owners property. Man, hope the little fella gets over it ok.

txnetcop
October 14th, 2008, 03:24
Prayers offered up today buddy. So sorry it happened.
Ted

OBIO
October 14th, 2008, 03:39
luckydog

Prayers are in the air for the little fella. Hope he heals quickly and that there is no long term damage that is not repairable.

I won't get on the "Pit Bull" soap box because this is not the thread to do it in. This thread is to offer support and prayer for a little fella who is hurt and has a period of recovery ahead of him.

OBIO

Cloud9Gal
October 14th, 2008, 06:56
Awwww poor little fellow! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad/weepy.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com) I'm so sorry to hear that Glen. I will pray for your little guy as well.

Daveroo
October 14th, 2008, 08:05
sorry to hear about your grandson..i hope he recovers well....my thoughts will be with him

Snuffy
October 14th, 2008, 09:59
Prayers in progress Glen. Hoping all is well. :medals:

CADFather
October 14th, 2008, 10:46
Prayers are out to the Big Guy on behalf of the little guy from the greater Chattanooga area. I survived being mauled by a dog when I was a child, German Shepard went for my throat, the only thing that saved me was he was a male dog and the only thing I could reach were his boys. Took lots of stitches to put me back together, and now I don't really even have any scars. I still love dogs, especially Shepards.

ben54b
October 14th, 2008, 11:03
Prayers offered up from me and my better half also.

Wishing the little guy a full recovery.

Ben

EgoR64
October 14th, 2008, 15:32
Very Sorry LuckyDog, I hope he comes through OK !!

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot
October 14th, 2008, 15:46
LuckyDog,
I wish him the best!

-Conrad

MCDesigns
October 14th, 2008, 15:47
Hope he gets well soon and has a full recovery (as full as can be)

I had a Pitt attack me several years ago while working on my car in my apt parking lot. Luckily the tire iron was within reach. Almost took it to the owner as well when he threatened to sue me. I called the police, they didn't do a damn thing :censored::banghead::banghead:

Willy
October 14th, 2008, 17:24
I thought I was going to have to kill a German Shepard this afternoon. It had broken it's chain, was running loose and attacked our horses. If I'd have had a gun handy, it would have been dead. As it was, it caught a stout lick on the back with an old axe handle that I meant to cave it's head in with. Lucky for it that it decided to go elsewhere in a hurry. I was ready for round 2 and taking better aim. I don't know who's dog it was and still don't really care. Other than to have a few choice words with them about their dog.

I love dogs, but I'll be darned if I'll put up with a viscious one.

Hoping all the best for Luckydog's grandson..

Lionheart
October 15th, 2008, 09:31
LuckyDog,

I was afraid to read this thread. I tend to get hit by bad news rather badly, especially news like this.

I am sorry it happened. This is horrible. I hope and pray that he will fully recover.

I'll never forget being chased by the neighborhood odd dog that always barked through the fence. He finally got out one day, and I was walking home from school. I was perhaps 7 or 8 years old. I ran so fast... My heals were hitting it in the chin as he was right behind me, chasing me all the way. I thought I was a gonner. I lived. He didnt have a chance to bite me for some reason. He was one mean ole dog.

Bill