PDA

View Full Version : FSD Avanti and FSX

ColoKent
April 17th, 2009, 08:29
I know the FSD Avanti has not yet been officially converted to FSX (apparently they must exhaust converting every GA aircraft in their stable that need to be converted, then turn out a bunch of other new GA aircraft before they will think of working the Avanti), but does anyone know if the airplane will work suitably in FSX as is?

Thanks,

Kent

P.S. Even more to the point, does anyone know if there is a new FSX Avanti in work somewhere?

Mongo
April 19th, 2009, 18:08
I feel your pain ColoKent, when I had a working version of FS9 I flew the P180 a lot, and I still love it. I tried copying the files over from my old FS9 directory, and it doesn't work very good at all. The sound files are all wrong, and there is no 2D cockpit at all... I guess we'll just have to wait for FSD

ColoKent
April 19th, 2009, 18:10
...I LOVE their Avanti...Steve at FSD is pretty good about checking in here from time to time, so maybe we'll hear something.

NICE airplane!

Kent

Hmm....how does the external model look, and how does it fly in FSX? Have you tried that? I have not.

N2056
April 19th, 2009, 19:26
Kent,

I think you my have me confused with Steve, as I cannot recall seeing him here...and I have been here every day for a couple of years :d

Unfortunately, I must tell you that at this time there are no plans to bring our Avanti up to full FSX standards. That could change depending on how well our current 'conversion' projects do, but the fact of the matter is that to take the old FS9 models and not only make them work but in fact optimize them them to work well in FSX has involved enough effort that they end up being totally new models. As such, they are requiring a lot more time to do than was originally anticipated. We are not committing to doing any others beyond the Navajo & Seneca at this time. If our current conversion projects are well received we may consider doing more of them.

While I realize this is not what you want to hear it is important to me that you know our current position.

Regards,
Robert

ColoKent
April 19th, 2009, 19:37
...I appreciate your forthright reply on this.

Thanks for giving us the "straight scoop" on this...

Kent

P.S. Can't WAIT to get my hands on that FSD Jetstar-- that's going to be AWESOME!