PDA

View Full Version : Sad news today.

Buddha13
April 17th, 2009, 02:11
Hi all,
Just over 3 weeks ago I posted that 2 of our cats had been poisoned with anti-freeze.Poppy died in 3 days,But Angelus seemed to be OK if just a little ill from the side effects.He was treated by the vets for the poisoning and seemed to respond well to this.Well over the pasted couple of days he deteriorated quickly.We had to have him put to sleep this morning.His kidneys went into complete failure.
May the Goddess bless his little soul and let him be reborn again into a happier life.
We loved him dearly.My wife is quite distraught over his death as he was our favorite cat.

Buddha13

TomSteber
April 17th, 2009, 02:50
Very sorry to hear the news.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tom

Lionheart
April 17th, 2009, 02:52
I am sorry for this horrible loss Buddha.

We all know, who have pets, that they are family. They are a family member.

May you all endure through this trajic event.

Bill

sandar
April 17th, 2009, 03:34
I feel for both of you. Any pet rapidly becomes part of the family and losing one is as bad as any bereavement. We have lost cats to kidney failure (one to cancer, one through acromegally and one to renal disease), but when the kidneys fail totally, there is no treatment. It is of little comfort, but you did the right thing.

Cratermaker
April 17th, 2009, 03:40
Sorry to hear that. I know all to well how it feels.

lifejogger
April 17th, 2009, 04:01
I am so sorry about Angelus I know hard it is to have to put a pet to sleep having had to have it done. My sympathies are with you.

GT182
April 17th, 2009, 04:40
Sorry to hear this Buddha. I too know how it feels having lost several pets. My condolences to you both.

mustangpilot
April 17th, 2009, 04:51
Budha,

I am sorry to here about the loss of your cats. They are true family members that love you no matter what!! My sympathies are with you and your family.

Ron

brad kaste
April 17th, 2009, 05:46
Buddha,...sorry to hear about your loss.

cheezyflier
April 17th, 2009, 06:12
sorry to hear the sad news

OBIO
April 17th, 2009, 06:14
Buddha

Sorry to hear that your beloved feline lost the fight. My heart goes out to your and your wife. I know just how much a critter can become a part of your family, and a part of your heart. I am sure that your cats had a great life with you and will carry those memories with them into the next life.

OBIO

Toastmaker
April 17th, 2009, 06:50
Damn ! - I thought she was going to make it. Adios gatitta.

RL_201
April 17th, 2009, 06:51
Buddha;
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cats, and my thoughts and condolences go to both you and your wife. 4 years ago I had to put my cat down, he was 15 and became ill, it wasn't easy. Pets are members of the family, and are there through both good and bad times, that's why when we lose one, it's so hard to deal with. :frown:

Take Care;
Shawn aka "RL_201"

Craig Taylor
April 17th, 2009, 07:17
Very sad news, Buddha. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Ours are starting down that road, so we spend as much quality time with them as possible.

Milton Shupe
April 17th, 2009, 07:41
This is a sad story and a terrible loss. My heart is with you.

Cherish the memories of their best times and look forward to the joy of a pair of playful kittens in the home again.

Daveroo
April 17th, 2009, 08:29
sorry to hear of your loss,i just hope she wasnt in to much pain those last days....god love her

mike_cyul
April 17th, 2009, 10:08
Another one. Argh, that must be especially tough, can't imagine it. Sincerest condolences.

Mike

N2056
April 17th, 2009, 14:17
I was so hoping this would not be the outcome.

I am truly sorry to hear the news. Hopefully over time the pain will ease...and you will know that they are both happy, playing together, and waiting for you to visit them beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

God Bless

jbtate
April 17th, 2009, 14:48
My tough, smart and sweet, lovely and talented cat Amelia got a clean bill of health after her 15th annual checkup last week -- thankful for every day of her company. Thundershowers here today, so she's hiding out in the cabinets under my kitchen sink. I'll give her some pets for Poppy and Angelus when she comes out.
Hang in,
jbtate

tigisfat
April 17th, 2009, 16:15
I'm sorry this horrible thing has happened to you and your family. I'm sad just hearing about it.:faint:

Kofschip
April 17th, 2009, 17:37
Sorry to hear this Buddha, my condolances to you and your wife. At my age, I have lost a few pets through the years due to natural causes and some through "man made" causes. I have never forgotten any of them. Again, I feel your pain, but please realize that your cat is not suffering any longer.

WarHorse47
April 18th, 2009, 12:22
Hey, Buddha. Sorry to hear about your loss.

We had our 18 year old Hymalayian put to sleep just three weeks ago. I was hoping she would live long enough until after I retired. Her heart was willing, but the body was not. She was my birthday gift from my wife after our kids left home, so losing her has hit me really hard. We're still not over losing her.

--WH

Odie
April 19th, 2009, 07:41
Hi all,
Just over 3 weeks ago I posted that 2 of our cats had been poisoned with anti-freeze.Poppy died in 3 days,But Angelus seemed to be OK if just a little ill from the side effects.He was treated by the vets for the poisoning and seemed to respond well to this.Well over the pasted couple of days he deteriorated quickly.We had to have him put to sleep this morning.His kidneys went into complete failure.
May the Goddess bless his little soul and let him be reborn again into a happier life.
We loved him dearly.My wife is quite distraught over his death as he was our favorite cat.

Buddha13

So sorry to hear of Angelus' passing, Buddha....it does hurt to lose a dear friend.

But, if the old adage about cats having 9 lives is true...they'll find their way back to you. Raztus, our new cat, has all of the same personality traits as did our beloved Whitey who died last year.

The family jokes that when Whitey got to heaven, he wouldn't leave St. Peter alone to try and get back to us, and so pestered him, that St. Peter said, "Will someone please send this cat back so I can have some peace and quiet??"

And, Raztus found his way to us,albeit, Whitey working on life #2..

6297J
April 19th, 2009, 09:45
Terrible news! Why would someone want to poison your cat?

Buddha13
April 19th, 2009, 11:06
Hi all,
Thanks for the support.It is much appreciated by my Wife and I.
6297J ours have not been the only cats in the area to have been poisoned.The sister of a friend of ours 2 villages along the coast lost all 6 of her cats to this poisoner in a week.There have been about a dozen separate incidents over the last couple of months.

Buddha13

6297J
April 19th, 2009, 12:07
Hi all,
Thanks for the support.It is much appreciated by my Wife and I.
6297J ours have not been the only cats in the area to have been poisoned.The sister of a friend of ours 2 villages along the coast lost all 6 of her cats to this poisoner in a week.There have been about a dozen separate incidents over the last couple of months.

Buddha13

And I take it no one has any idea of the perpetrator?

We had a note put through our door today about yet another lost/missing cat in the neighbourhood. Seems to me there have been quite a few go missing from around here lately, hopefully being stolen to order rather than anything more sinister - the posters tacked up onto trees and lamp posts all show rather expensive looking purebreds rather than moggies.

I hope they catch the fiend responsible sooner rather than later and string them up.