PDA

View Full Version : G-max/Loadouts Help

jaycee
April 15th, 2009, 11:11
Hi guys i am trying to arm my FW190 Schlacht, i have made the pylon to carry six panzerblitz rockets, and made the rockets, I have been at this for two days trying to get the rockets to show up But the little buggahs just wont show. they fire ok,
Any help here and i would be very grateful.

popsaka
April 15th, 2009, 12:17
Tho' I'm pretty-much GMAX illiterate maybe if ya test different planes w/ these new pylons, and/or different combos it will give ya some insight... Like would it show up ok on the belly of the JU88?...etc.:ernae:

hairyspin
April 15th, 2009, 12:22
They're not accidentally inside the wing before firing, perchance? And have you deleted .bdp files before testing? Just clutching at straws here....

Henry
April 15th, 2009, 12:26
They're not accidentally inside the wing before firing, perchance? And have you deleted .bdp files before testing? Just clutching at straws here....
thats what sprung to my mind also
been a few years since i did that stuff
H

hairyspin
April 15th, 2009, 12:52
Reasons might include pylon's pivot point orientation - y-axis (green) may be pointing the right way, but z (blue) is pointing down? Not sure about this, but if the rockets align to the pylons with reference to the pylon's pivot this would mean lowering them might actually have the opposite effect - lower them enough and they'd show above the wing?
Just another straw, I haven't done this sort of stuff at all.....

jaycee
April 15th, 2009, 13:18
Tho' I'm pretty-much GMAX illiterate maybe if ya test different planes w/ these new pylons, and/or different combos it will give ya some insight... Like would it show up ok on the belly of the JU88?...etc.:ernae:

Thanks P. But i have tried all this,Nothing at all Bombs ECT, shows up on the pylons, But the rockets show up on the me262 G_R4M pylons.

jaycee
April 15th, 2009, 13:20

Thanks H. Nope First place i looked

popsaka
April 15th, 2009, 15:46
Maybe some conflicting time periods in the xdp's?

NachtPiloten
April 15th, 2009, 16:07
Did you look at the "mount" node on the pylon? I have had brain freezes and forgot to place the mount node where I wanted it or failed to check the alignment.

jaycee
April 15th, 2009, 22:46
Did you look at the "mount" node on the pylon? I have had brain freezes and forgot to place the mount node where I wanted it or failed to check the alignment.
That sounds more like the prob. i have put 12 dummy's on the pylon 0-11, and tried naming them "mountpoint","mount point","mount_point", do you just name it "mount" Thanks N P.

NachtPiloten
April 16th, 2009, 02:58
That sounds more like the prob. i have put 12 dummy's on the pylon 0-11, and tried naming them "mountpoint","mount point","mount_point", do you just name it "mount" Thanks N P.

mount0, mount1, mount 2 etc ... for each pylon so you can have

pylon0 with say mount0

then pylon1 with mount0 and mount1 etc ...

jaycee
April 16th, 2009, 03:53
mount0, mount1, mount 2 etc ... for each pylon so you can have

pylon0 with say mount0

then pylon1 with mount0 and mount1 etc ...

I have just burst into tears of joy, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,
After three days the little buggahs have put in an apperence.
OH and THANK YOU.

NP. is there a sort of forum thingy for cfs3/g-max,anywhere, How is an idiot like me to find these sort of things out, the cfs3 modeling docs, are not very helpful, (Over the next 40 or 50 years i will probably need a lot of help), And did i say thanks.

Milton Shupe
April 16th, 2009, 04:18
Isn't there an SDK for gmax and "makemdl" (used in FS8-9) that provides the naming conventions for animated objects? Or for the weaponry? In FS, it is the makemdl SDK that provides all the proper names for objects.

NachtPiloten
April 16th, 2009, 04:38
Isn't there an SDK for gmax and "makemdl" (used in FS8-9) that provides the naming conventions for animated objects? Or for the weaponry? In FS, it is the makemdl SDK that provides all the proper names for objects.

The sdk's are woefully inadequate. Here is a txt file that deals with weapons and pylons.

Milton Shupe
April 16th, 2009, 05:13
Ah, I see ... your txt file helps a bunch and I'm sure the gmax sample would really clear it up.

I am just adding rocket hardward to my xa38 for FS9 and was curious as well. I will ultimately share the completed project for CFS3 mods. Now, :focus:

hairyspin
April 16th, 2009, 12:02
NP. is there a sort of forum thingy for cfs3/g-max,anywhere, How is an idiot like me to find these sort of things out, the cfs3 modeling docs, are not very helpful

Yes, it's the Aircraft Design and Animation (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22) forum and Milton is Father of the House.

As well as asking here. :wavey:

jaycee
April 16th, 2009, 12:07
Yes, it's the Aircraft Design and Animation (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22) forum and Milton is Father of the House.

As well as asking here. :wavey:

Thanks H.

popsaka
April 16th, 2009, 15:30
Hey Milty, Iffen yer porting over the Grizzly to CFS3 would it be possible to bring along a crusty trusty old bare aluminium skinned B-18?.... Or would it just be easier to do that at another time as its own project?.

(of course thanx either way):engel016:

Squiffy
April 16th, 2009, 15:59
Way to go jaycee! Good work!

:woot:

Milton Shupe
April 16th, 2009, 20:03
Jaycee, I am happy that you got it sorted out. :applause:

Popsaka, check your PM's.

jaycee
April 16th, 2009, 23:41
I Am very happy i got it sorted as well, (with Nachtpiloten's help),Just got to do a skin for the stock fw190A8,as a schlacht, Pity about the outboard cannons!. I am also working on a G-10 Closed wagon, i now have to figure out how to do LOD's, and Damage, its all good fun ???.

Thanks ALL, For your input in this matter.