PDA

View Full Version : capt sim no help

dharris
April 15th, 2009, 10:59
Anyone know how to get capt sim's customer support to listen or responde?

FlyTexas
April 15th, 2009, 11:05
This ought to be good. (pulls up chair, opens a cold beer, and waits for the fun to begin) :whistle:

Brian

dharris
April 15th, 2009, 11:12
:friday::friday:Well you are going to share the beer aren't you???

nater
April 15th, 2009, 11:48
mmmm....german beer! :ernae::friday:

dharris
April 15th, 2009, 11:49
Gutentag!

Matt Wynn
April 15th, 2009, 11:51
(pulls flak-jacket on, grabs a beer and his cigarettes and stares for the oncoing storm) yeah this could get interesting...:friday:

Warhawk1130
April 15th, 2009, 18:09
Captain Who?

Flyboy208
April 15th, 2009, 19:14
Worst customer support for FS addon products in my opinion.

Bought their Yak and Space Shuttle for FS9 - they gladly took my dollars, but when I had issues with the installation, no e-mails were replied to ...

Never got the 2 birds to work - such a shame ...

Just my 2 cents - Mike :argue:

Astoroth
April 15th, 2009, 22:45
Captain Scr** You is more like it....Yeah, their models are very nice, but pray they work because you aren't gonna get any help from them....

expat
April 16th, 2009, 01:21
Also, they don't seem to even read these boards or seem to care what their customer's are saying - publicly - about their product!

People may recall some snappy discussion here over problems renewing keys/downloads with another payware developer. The developer was very responsive and even joined in the discussion, which ended constructively. They were clearly concerned about public criticism.

Interesting business model . .

Richard Westcott
April 16th, 2009, 02:10
I have the captain sim C130, nice aircraft, I bought it on CD direct from just flight, they handle all the support and provide service packs etc.

Still it is hardwork trying to download anything direct from CS, this is one company I would not bother buying anything from unless it was on disc.

airfighterjohn
April 16th, 2009, 02:11
Had to threaten them with filing complaints with the better business bureau (online) and the Attorney General here to get them to respond to a complaint--I have several of their planes for both fs9 and fsx and ALWAYS a support issue. When the AG's office here contacted them they actually responded that since they were not in the US they were not liable to US law. The AG's office here responded that that was true, but they COULD be barred from selling ANYTHING in the US. They also stated that anything SOLD in the US was bound by US laws and could be restricted. This all took less than 10 hours to accomplish and CS sent me new links to EVERYTHING...:friday:

dharris
April 16th, 2009, 05:14
Nice to see that someone got satisfaction, it is just a shame that you would have to go that far. See you are from Cookeville, attended a wedding there last May, really nice town. I bought some property in Baneberry, over past Knoxville, to bad with all the recession I lost most of my 401 and house value, was planning on coming down to stay this year.

Wild Bill Kelso
April 16th, 2009, 09:26
I have the captain sim C130, nice aircraft, I bought it on CD direct from just flight, they handle all the support and provide service packs etc.

They did?
Not for me.
I have the JF boxed Herky too (a really nice bird indeed), and the CS "customer support", contacted to join a forum access, told me to address to Just Flight... :faint:

But this seems to be a minor issue, compared to others...

dharris
April 17th, 2009, 05:20
You would think that when you see the order number and invoice are correct, you would just point to the file to download, and keep a customer happy. That of course would be the definition of customer support, but perhaps where they are based, they don't speak English to well. I am sure the longer this goes on the more it will cost them in lost revenue. Oh well, just trying to do my part to right the wrongs of the world!:applause::applause::applause:

strikehawk
April 17th, 2009, 16:33
I only had one experience and a bad one at that. Tried the C-130 demo that was on a PC Pilot cover disc, ran the installer, started FS9 and......CTD!

Ran the uninstaller, CTD. Had to do a complete uninstall/install of FS. I figure that if the demo is that f:censored:g s:censored:y then I don't need it in my system. And no I didn't complain, seeing the lack of support they give to paying customers I figured that a complaint with a demo would be totally ignored.

Falcon10
April 17th, 2009, 17:35
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=12320

Here is my thread on their Yak which i never heard back from them for support.:banghead:

dharris
April 19th, 2009, 09:18
Last week I tried just going thru their customer service link and still have not herad back from them. I doubt I would buy from them again. Too much aggravation.

Scratch
April 19th, 2009, 10:04
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?virboard=generalB;num=1239797191

srgalahad
April 19th, 2009, 16:02
'Bout sums it up...

http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2009-04-19/

Rob

PeteHam
April 19th, 2009, 17:55
Personally I wouldn't buy another Capt Sim product.

I had massive issues trying to get the Boeing 707 working, which took nearly 2 weeks after purchase.

Their web site is not user friendly.

There's restricted access to their Forums as it appears that to get access you must have an Order Number. Not good if you want to research a product prior to purchase.

Just my opinions.

Pete.

OleBoy
April 20th, 2009, 04:52
That reminds me. I've got to send in my $20 mail-in rebate to Corsair.

Thanks for the reminder!!

dharris
April 20th, 2009, 06:18
That does about sum it up, funny though!!