PDA

View Full Version : Clipped wing Spit MkVb???

ndicki
April 15th, 2009, 10:51
No, it's not,. Sorry! But as it does look a bit like one, longer nose and four-blade prop aside, I thought I'd pretend it was. It's actually Zuyax's Seafire IIc/III.

Anyone interested?

greycap.raf
April 15th, 2009, 11:00
As dumb as this sounds, would it be possible to get rid of the oil cooler by alpha channeling and then have someone build a replica cooler under the port wing too... and have a go at a clipped LF IX? Or then not. It'll do as it is.

Need light effects to go with it?

ndicki
April 15th, 2009, 11:24
It's got them already. Did you do them? I seem to remember you did, along with the FM rectification. Mine is not from-the-box ETO...

No idea about the alpha-channelling, etc. It doesn't usually produce results that are that nice. I can do a few MkIX/XVI schemes to go with it, although the XDP'll need fixing for the XVI. No big deal.

greycap.raf
April 15th, 2009, 11:37
Very likely my work, the lights that is. Use as you wish.

Alpha channelling works with one rule: no .mos files can be used. I tried it with and without, the .mos in use there's no changes to normal but with it disabled the alpha channel works as expected and the cooler disappears with the exception of the endplates. Only good for AI use as the propeller looks more than a bit funny and the textures get blurred as usual.

popsaka
April 15th, 2009, 12:00
It's got them already. Did you do them? I seem to remember you did, along with the FM rectification. Mine is not from-the-box ETO...

No idea about the alpha-channelling, etc. It doesn't usually produce results that are that nice. I can do a few MkIX/XVI schemes to go with it, although the XDP'll need fixing for the XVI. No big deal.

Yea!! that would be great!

ndicki
April 15th, 2009, 23:58
Uploaded - just give Douglas time to do the rest!

Just thinking - if someone could do a set of cannon-stubs to be added as a payload, that'd be nice, too. Any modellers short of a thing or two to keep them amused?

gecko
August 17th, 2014, 21:17
Just found this while looking for something else. There's a lot of potential with our current Spitfire series to expand it by using alpha channels to remove parts and pylons to add different ones back -basically any part that isn't animated. For the Spits, wingtips, exhausts, cannon stubs, etc can all be removed (I've tested it) and just need a modeled part added back with a pylon. I even made custom muzzle flashes that were positioned so that the IXc model could appear to have guns firing from the appropriate places for a IXe - just replaced the inboard .303s with .50cals and moved the muzzle flash effect to show up in the right spot. A while back, Jaycee and I did some experiments with a clipped wing Vb, but we never finished and unfortunately I think he's moved on. But I'd be glad to offer any help to any modeler interested in taking it on. Could be fun.

ndicki
August 18th, 2014, 01:57
I've even forgotten what this is all about, but Daniel's idea sound well worth looking into!

sdsbolt
August 24th, 2014, 05:36
http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b431/sdsbolt/pr_spit0_zps9ab1a990.png (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/sdsbolt/media/pr_spit0_zps9ab1a990.png.html)

there will be Spitfires

greycap.raf
August 24th, 2014, 06:32
May I begin drooling now? :applouse:

hairyspin
August 24th, 2014, 10:33
Late model IXe? You busy modeller you!

greycap.raf
August 24th, 2014, 12:36
It might be a truly ace idea to map it similar to the Zuyax Spitfires, if only to save a lot of work from our paint masters. Or then not.

hairyspin
August 24th, 2014, 13:22
It might be a truly ace idea to map it similar to the Zuyax Spitfires, if only to save a lot of work from our paint masters. Or then not.

(Sorry Rene, I've been a little thick fingered tonight) The Zuyax Spits have mappings to different scales for different bits, eg wings not the same size. I think Steve might want to avoid that.

gecko
August 24th, 2014, 13:43
Steve making Spitfires?:redfire: Just made my year.

Thudman
August 24th, 2014, 17:09
I was hoping that it might be an VIII

sdsbolt
August 24th, 2014, 17:24
a conversion of Paul Rebuffat's cfs2 Spitfire mkVIII. Smoothing some edges to make the model look a bit more modern.

might loosely follow stock mk9c mapping but I haven't got that far yet :untroubled: