PDA

View Full Version : Help -- Can't respond to ATC (no options) and IFR gets cancelled

otown_55
April 15th, 2009, 08:38
Hey Everyone,

So I finally upgraded to a new machine and a fresh FSX install with Accelleration, a couple of add-on planes and World of AI, but overall a pretty clean install on a new machine.

I've had my ATC reply options "vanish" on several occasions -- The window pops open with an instruction and the lower half is empty, so I can't reply and a couple of times I had IFR cancelled. (Trying to press "1" or "2", no dice, even after ATC comes back with "Did you hear...")

Never had this on the old machine and googled and checked forums to no end.

Any and all advice appreciated. It's a core i7 Vista 64 home machine.

Thanks,

Aaron

harleyman
April 15th, 2009, 08:46
Its not the machine...My suspission is your add on AI....Or another add on plane....

I would remove them, and add back in one at a time and see if you can find the culprit...Timely..I know...Expecially with AI...:faint:

If it was working on this machine, you can try a system roll back...But...

cheezyflier
April 15th, 2009, 12:46
i had this happen to me with the kodiak recently. i was switching from outside view to the 2-d panel view, and i did whatever it was that causes you to lose the panel, i forget what. i pushed "w" and got my panel back. anyhow, when i tried to respond to atc's instruction for a new heading there were no options, and they cancelled my ifr. once they did that, i got the ability to answer them again, although it was too late. what were you flying at the time?

piperarcherpilot
April 15th, 2009, 18:22
I've had the same thing happen with the Captain Sim 757 for FSX....

I've been wondering whats going on too. I have no add on AI.

what I do is just pause it for about 5 minutes and go stretch, and the menu always comes back.

ryanbatc
April 15th, 2009, 18:33
This is a known FSX bug.

What you can do is dial in a new frequency, then it will automatically have you tune the old frequency via the popup window.

Marlin
April 15th, 2009, 18:46
I have the same thing that happens to me every now and then.

If I quickly switch the COM1 frequencies (if you’re using COM1) you’ll notice that you have the option in the ATC box to switch back to whatever channel you are supposed to be on. Hit the corresponding number, and if you did this fast enough you will still have the option to continue to receive your instructions from ATC.

I have no idea why or how this happens, it seems to be a random event. One thing that I found that seems to eliminate this problem is to leave the ATC window open as it is especially a real drag when this happens as you are getting instructions during the approach cycle.

What really torques me is when I lose ATC all together. After takeoff, all options are gone or not working. I can’t ask for a flight following or tune the nearest airport. Even if I do tune the nearest tower, of course within the limits of the sim, I still cannot contact the tower, the weather or anything.

However, if I go to the world map and move the plane, the ATC system reboots itself and all is well.

Maybe this will work for you too, I don’t know.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

cheezyflier
April 16th, 2009, 06:06
What really torques me is when I lose ATC all together.

this is why i have to do all my ifr flying in vfr weather. if i use any kind of weather, i get no atc at all.