PDA

View Full Version : Capt Sim OT

dharris
April 15th, 2009, 06:39
Anyone run across this with capt sim?

I have been trying to redownload the Legendary f-104 that I purchased 2007-07-11 06:07:37 and lost the drive it was on. I had installed it a number of times previosly always on the same pc, just on different drives as I was setting up my system the way I wanted it. After the drive crashed with the f-104 file on it I have contacted capt sim's (customer service?) about it filled out service tickets only to have them cancelled becasue they claim they have answered the question before. Dear Donald Harris,
Thank you for contacting Captain Sim Customer Support.

Your Ticket has been reviewed but cancelled because the same question has been previously answered.
If you wish to review the answer please:
- Check-in at http://www.captainsim.com/support/ (http://www.captainsim.com/support/)
- Click Product Name > Customer Support > Search KB > C > Search for KB# 660

The Captain Sim web site, Knowledge Base and Manuals contain hundreds of articles designed to answer the majority of the questions asked of our Customer Support. Please always be sure to search the web site, Knowledge Base and Manuals PRIOR TO submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your Ticket cancellation.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL. REPLIES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.

Thank you,
Captain Sim Customer Support

I follow all instructions download a file calleddsf104_1200.exe restart pc clik install, get message redis and it quits. Tried using there reactivate email same problem. If I ask them about it in a new service ticket they just cancell it and say they answered it before. Anyone know how to get their attention. I am not buying it again, just want what I paid for. Worst c.s I have ever run across.

mustang51
April 15th, 2009, 07:56
Same thing with me for the F-104 and the 707. Just get the run around all the time. I still have the files and their installer but they want a password or code and I can't get a new one from them.
Trying to get in touch with Simmarket also so I can get the Kodiak installed. They have me listed as living in Germany and so my credit card is no good and I still can't find out how to change that.
:faint: Bob

dharris
April 15th, 2009, 08:02
Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. They won't respond to an email, they want a service ticket that you run thru hoops to fill out and then when they respond it is as if they did not even read it. I purchased it and they don't denie it and since then the price has dropped well down you would think that it would be easier to just give me the file and be on my way. I got tired of the run around so I posted this on many forums, maybe the ill will might get there attention.

Boomer
April 15th, 2009, 08:03
Good Luck!

My last go around with CS lasted 3 weeks without resolution. I never did get the plane, they just wore me down with form responses.

dharris
April 15th, 2009, 08:13
I know what you mean. But I am not giving up this time. I will just continue spreading the word on forums across the net and filling out their stupid forms until they give in. If not then I will at least cost them some revenue with all the bad comments. Thanks for listening

mustang51
April 15th, 2009, 09:03
Think I'll just buy the Alphasim F-104 and be done with it.

Naismith
April 15th, 2009, 09:49
I've encountered the same problem re the F104, and all it does is put me off buying anything else from them. I wanted the C130 and the 757 but they are not getting my money again any time soon.
I believe there is a better F104 nowadays anyhow, by Cloud 9 if memory serves me correctly.

hobofat
April 15th, 2009, 13:04
Trying to get in touch with Simmarket also so I can get the Kodiak installed. They have me listed as living in Germany and so my credit card is no good and I still can't find out how to change that.
:faint: Bob

Go back to the Kodiak thread Bob, the Kodiak isn't published by Simmarket, it is purchased either via Paypal from Bill's website or via Flight1 wrapper.