PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Beaufort conversion ?

AGAS 5
April 15th, 2009, 00:31
Was the conversion of the Alpha Beaufort uploaded ?

Pete

watchdog22
April 15th, 2009, 01:27
Not yet, to my knowledge. Ravenna sent me a conversion and I have just about finished a RAAF repaint of a 100 Sqn machine named Scotty's Homin' Pidgin, the textures are a nice size for detailed insignia and I've enjoyed the painting. The Alphasim plane is not typical of Australian machines but it is a Beaufort, I'm also doing the same plane for the Renwick Beaufort VIII.

AGAS 5
April 15th, 2009, 02:02
Thanks for that mate....

That texture is looking great !!

Pete

merlin2
April 16th, 2009, 13:55
Renwick here, AKA merlin2.

I had heard about, but up to now have never seen, the AlpahSim Beaufort. It looks great! I would love to compare it to my Beaufort one day.

And I look forward to an RAAF paint job.

thanks, and keep us posted.

Rami
April 16th, 2009, 14:03
Merlin2,

Your Beauforts are better because they are multi-lod.

merlin2
April 16th, 2009, 16:27
Rami; you are too kind!

Maybe if and when I get a new, more powerful computer, I will have a go at reworking it! But for now I am keeping things a bit simple, and working up some missions for the Beaufort.

Ravenna
April 16th, 2009, 16:46
Yes, I love your Beauforts too William. Now if only I could open the layered templates you sent me! When I try to repaint the BMPs I get fin flashes on the cowlings.
BTW, if you are interested in missions for the Beaufort/s you might be interested in the book "The Armed Rovers", about Beaufort and Beaufighter ops over the Mediterranean.

watchdog22
April 16th, 2009, 23:00
Your Beauforts are the ones I would use out of preference and I would love to see an updating. There are some minor problems with the repainting of the fuselage, panel lines zig and zag and some dont meet up but nothing some simplification couldnt overcome. Thanks again for some lovely planes

watchdog22
April 16th, 2009, 23:03
Screenie

Ravenna
April 17th, 2009, 00:55
Oi, that looks good to me!

Pips
April 17th, 2009, 01:15
Armwed Rovers is an excellent book on Beaufort operations in the Mediterranean. Another book with even greater detail is "Torpedo Leader" by Patrick Gibbs.

But the best (IMHO) is "Song Of The Beauforts" by Colin King. It covers Beaufort operation by the RAAF in the South Pacific. An absolutely rivetting read.

Rami
April 17th, 2009, 06:41
I will be incorporating some Beaufort missions in my CFS1 Malta update, not to worry.

merlin2
April 17th, 2009, 10:37
Ravenna:
Did I send you the Serif Photoplus files, or just the bmps?
If you have the Serif files you should be able to work with them using
Serif Photo Plus (free)
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/
this should allow you to open those files I sent you;
this is the proggy I used to build the textures. I assume it works the same way as photoshop.
I don't think that I have any other way of formatting the image files.

Watchdog22:
thanks for pointing out the flaw in the texture that I hadn't noticed before. Maybe too busy trying to keep Bf109s off my tail!

I am worried I will get to enthusiastic and go for a full rebuild. Like someone else said, I would have to give up my hobbies of work, home, wife, kids etc.!

watchdog22
April 17th, 2009, 18:26
I would not want to curtail family life for you so dont feel compelled to give them up for us, But! :jump:

Ravenna
April 17th, 2009, 19:46
Thanks William. I'm out of town for about a week but I'll have a go at that site when I return.